Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discomfort after stuck episode

I was banded in September and today I had my first "stuck " episode. How do you soothe yourself after that? I felt like I had the worst heartburn ever. That has passed but now I think I irritated my stomach.

I have never had a stuck episode, but I believe that you should be on liquids for 24-48 hrs.Good Luck.

o thank you i think i had a stuck yesterday too

I had a stuck episode Friday.... and here it is Sunday and am still nauseous...Can't hold anything down.... any suggestions. Carol

I had a stuck episode Friday.... and here it is Sunday and am still nauseous...Can't hold anything down.... any suggestions. Carol

Have you stuck with liquids for a while since getting stuck? If so and still unable to keep things down especially liquid, it's time to call Dr. You don't want to become dehydrated.

Good luck

In my own experience, 'being stuck' is not the same as or related to 'not being able to keep anything down'.....especially liquids over the next few days.

There's a lot of potential variables that come with a 'serious stuck' episode. Early in my own return to solid-food journey, I made the mistake of trying to swallow a bite of scambled egg with grits. Wouldn't have thought that could cause an issue as I was able to eat them individually.

I was driving on a road trip at the time, and spent the next 200 miles drooling and spitting and PBing and having such a time.... never was I in any serious danger of dehydrating, as it was possible to take tiny swigs of Fluid every now & then. And I actually DID get 'hungry' after a few hours, but still had PB episodes most of the day.

Consult with your physician is always a good idea if you experience any lengthy episodes, as it is impossible on line to determine exactly what may be a problem.

The first few times I was stuck I too was panicked. And in review of each episode, it become possible to identify my own 'eating error' that caused the entire chain of events.

If you can't keep Water down, call your Dr. or the local ER to get instructions. Please keep us posted as to what your status on this problem is.

This information scares the crap out of me....m

Peaceful1,

Please do not be scared. All in all it was definitely worth it. I have not felt this good Ina long time.

In my own experience, 'being stuck' is not the same as or related to 'not being able to keep anything down'.....especially liquids over the next few days.

There's a lot of potential variables that come with a 'serious stuck' episode. Early in my own return to solid-food journey, I made the mistake of trying to swallow a bite of scambled egg with grits. Wouldn't have thought that could cause an issue as I was able to eat them individually.

I was driving on a road trip at the time, and spent the next 200 miles drooling and spitting and PBing and having such a time.... never was I in any serious danger of dehydrating, as it was possible to take tiny swigs of Fluid every now & then. And I actually DID get 'hungry' after a few hours, but still had PB episodes most of the day.

Consult with your physician is always a good idea if you experience any lengthy episodes, as it is impossible on line to determine exactly what may be a problem.

The first few times I was stuck I too was panicked. And in review of each episode, it become possible to identify my own 'eating error' that caused the entire chain of events.

If you can't keep Water down, call your Dr. or the local ER to get instructions. Please keep us posted as to what your status on this problem is.

With lapband there is definitely a way to eat do we have to retrain ourselves. I am really trying to be conscious of how I eat. It is a journey, that is all I can say.

This information scares the crap out of me....m

Some ppl think that when they're stuck they can't breath, but that is not the case.

Being stuck means whatever you're eating will not go threw where your band is, from small pouch to the rest of your stomach (your stoma). You ate too big a bite, didn't chew to mush or ate too fast.

It teaches you a lesson on being mindful of what and how you eat.

A stuck episode can irritate esophagus and thats why you're told to stick to liquids until irritation gone. If you don't throw it up, or it won't go down, the Dr can unfill you to move it along.

You never want the stuck episode to keep you from getting liquids down. No matter what we need liquids for at all times.

Hope this eases some of your fears.

You won't die, just unpleasant.

With lapband there is definitely a way to eat do we have to retrain ourselves. I am really trying to be conscious of how I eat. It is a journey' date=' that is all I can say.[/quote']

That's the whole thing. We always ate without thinking and now we have to be conscious of every bite and chewing experience.

I know girls being banded along period of time and still screw up sometimes.

Glad you're doing better!