Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 --- Band Buddies Unite!

errikadb how many calories are you eating a day? You are doing awesome! I saw my doctor and she asked me what I wanted, or needed and I told her that I don't feel any restriction so she gave me 2cc and said I can come back in two weeks for another 2cc. I told her I was walking up hills for 1 hour and alternating riding my bike for 2 hours and she said I need to do more strength training. I need to incorporate that into my schedule too. Trying to focus on the Protein and water..that in itself is a big job. I'm glad all the December bandsters are starting to report in on how they're doing. I just got over that terrible flu and I'm glad I didn't have any restriction because the doctor gave me three different pills to take and I don't think I would of been able to take them if I was restricted.

So I was banded 12/19 I am down 26 pounds. 10 more pounds and I will be under the 200 mark I can not wait :-) I had my first fill yesterday they numbed it and then did the fill felt only a slight prick from the numbing. My band is at 3ccs now. I have been using my fitbit and working out. My eye is on the goal and this is getting exciting :-)

errikadb how many calories are you eating a day? You are doing awesome! I saw my doctor and she asked me what I wanted' date=' or needed and I told her that I don't feel any restriction so she gave me 2cc and said I can come back in two weeks for another 2cc. I told her I was walking up hills for 1 hour and alternating riding my bike for 2 hours and she said I need to do more strength training. I need to incorporate that into my schedule too. Trying to focus on the Protein and water..that in itself is a big job. I'm glad all the December bandsters are starting to report in on how they're doing. I just got over that terrible flu and I'm glad I didn't have any restriction because the doctor gave me three different pills to take and I don't think I would of been able to take them if I was restricted.[/quote']

Thank you! It depends on the day. I try to stay around 1200. It depends on my stress level too. I have eaten anywhere from 400-1900 in one day.1900 is still only half of what I used to eat, so I don't worry about it too much as long as its not an every day thing. I do a lot of walking and I go down stairs a lot. I'm a nursing director for a very busy unit, so I get my activity in big time. I do tend to eat more calories on the really stressful days, probably because I can't seem to get my Water in on those days. The days I get my water in, I eat a lot less.

My journey began in Oct. 2012 (banded Dec. 19th). Since then I have last 40 pounds. I will Celebrate after this next ten pounds because not only will I be at 50 pounds loss but I will be out of the 300s. I am motivating myself to see that goal like never before. Six months ago I would have said it was a lost cause. But now I am more thrilled than ever. I changed my picture today to this pic I found on Bandster's blog. CHANGE! I can see it happening now. I am excited not only for me but for all of us. WE can do this!

I am so happy for you! Girl, I can totally relate to how you feel. I have been fighting to lose these last 15 lbs if my 300 lb zone. Not gonna lie, I'm frustrated because i have gained and feel like my body is saying, naw lets stay here a little while longer!! Lol, seriously keep up the good work and remain motivated!!

Current pre-op wt 344 down 314.4

I am so happy for you! Girl' date=' I can totally relate to how you feel. I have been fighting to lose these last 15 lbs if my 300 lb zone. Not gonna lie, I'm frustrated because i have gained and feel like my body is saying, naw lets stay here a little while longer!! Lol, seriously keep up the good work and remain motivated!!

Current pre-op wt 344 down 314.4[/quote']

I had gained but I "shocked" my system into losing by doing a day of liquids. I just tried it not expecting anything but it worked and I am back on track. I know I don't have the best eating habits and I sometimes eat more than I should but I am not going to beat myself up. That saying that old habits die hard is so true. I try to keep busy and exercise but that doesn't always happen. I started parking in the back of the parking lot at work and adjusted my eating times. It's amazing how not eating dinner after 8 changed my tiredness and hunger levels. I am starting to rant but I read everyone's post on here like I am addicted to your stories. LOL

errikadb how many calories are you eating a day? You are doing awesome! I saw my doctor and she asked me what I wanted, or needed and I told her that I don't feel any restriction so she gave me 2cc and said I can come back in two weeks for another 2cc. I told her I was walking up hills for 1 hour and alternating riding my bike for 2 hours and she said I need to do more strength training. I need to incorporate that into my schedule too. Trying to focus on the Protein and water..that in itself is a big job. I'm glad all the December bandsters are starting to report in on how they're doing. I just got over that terrible flu and I'm glad I didn't have any restriction because the doctor gave me three different pills to take and I don't think I would of been able to take them if I was restricted.

i'm eating 1200 and a little under for calories. believe it last night i sipped on Water most of the night and was not hungry at all. so i think that will be a bit of a ticket for me. i'm walking 3 to 4 times a week, but could do it everyday and should be walking everyday. not minding the snow :)

I had gained but I "shocked" my system into losing by doing a day of liquids. I just tried it not expecting anything but it worked and I am back on track. I know I don't have the best eating habits and I sometimes eat more than I should but I am not going to beat myself up. That saying that old habits die hard is so true. I try to keep busy and exercise but that doesn't always happen. I started parking in the back of the parking lot at work and adjusted my eating times. It's amazing how not eating dinner after 8 changed my tiredness and hunger levels. I am starting to rant but I read everyone's post on here like I am addicted to your stories. LOL

that seems like i good idea to do if you fall off the band wagon. i have a habit of beating myself up to for stuff. not good. and as i said, i try to get some walking in too, but i'd like to everyday. i've only been doing 3 to 4 days a week. not minding the snow. i have also learned to park far away from building and shopping doors :)

I know how you fill banded 12/19 and no fill yet either

hey just saw your message. i hope you get your fill soon if you haven't gotten it yet. i guess it depends on the surgeon. i thought i was going to go nuts with out a fill. i had a small one, but not too much of a restriction. a 1cc fill. hoping for a little more on the next visit. take care :)

hey just saw your message. i hope you get your fill soon if you haven't gotten it yet. i guess it depends on the surgeon. i thought i was going to go nuts with out a fill. i had a small one' date=' but not too much of a restriction. a 1cc fill. hoping for a little more on the next visit. take care :)[/quote']

I am right their to no fill banded 12/19 this monday I see my Dr

No ranting!! I enjoyed reading your responses!!

Current pre-op wt 344 down 314.4

At Dr for first fill banded 12/19 so happy 33 pounds down after banded 43 total I feel on top of the world

At Dr for first fill banded 12/19 so happy 33 pounds down after banded 43 total I feel on top of the world

i am happy for you too. yippee. finally. sometimes it just seems like things take so long as i had to wait 6 mos just to have my surgery. it was miserable. :)

Well, I fired my dr. office today. A years worth of fills came with the package...so that does suck. The P.A. and nutritionist are rude, negligent, do not use gloves for doing fills, etc. I will not be going back there. They say the dr who did my surgery may see me at his regular office. I will have my husband call and see what they say tomorrow as I have no intention of dealing with them anymore. I have a nurse friend who works at the hospital accessing ports who says she can do it for me no problem if i get the supplies so that is an option...I am completely capable of doing this myself BUT i am too big of a baby I think lol. Does anyone know how to find a new dr to do fills if I end up firing the surgeon as well. I have LOVED my surgeon up to this point, but just in case.

Hey my sweet stop / Green zone has well and truly been found with my second fill which I had on Saturday ...

I now have a 4.25ml in a 10 ml band so hope this feeling latest lol

I have reached 200 lb now so have 50 lb left to lose I can't wait to hit the 150 lb make

I got banded 8th December 2012