Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure if I spelled it right but I was wondering how long after the surgery can I get it done I really want to Clear out my system

I don't regret any decision in my life because at the end I will make it work

There is no need to "clear" out your system. It does that itself. A colonoscopy is not fun. Weight is a journey, not a destination. You will lose over a period of time. Now if you really medically NEED a colonoscopy that is different. I would wait at least 6 weeks for the banding to heal and give your body a rest. You have the rest of your life to lose weight, it is not a race, it is a lifestyle change!

Thanks for the input ladies I just haven't went in like a while

There are diets/regimes (I know Dr. Oz has one) to "clear out your system" but I would definitely talk to your dr before doing anything like that.

If you aren't "going" that is not uncommon but you don't need a procedure to aid that. Talk to your doctor to see what suggestions he/she may have. Many people take liquid formulas to aid that (mom, Miralax, etc) but definitely ck w/ doctor before taking any of those meds. Also, make sure you are getting enough water/liquids. That makes a big difference.

Not sure if I spelled it right but I was wondering how long after the surgery can I get it done I really want to Clear out my system

I think you mean a colonic, not a colonoscopy. You really should speak to your doctor. I am not here to preach but I had a colonic about 15 years ago and it is one of my big regrets. Long sorry short, I had no control of my bowels, AT ALL, for 4 or 5 days. Not even a warning! I did it because it was trendy at the time and one of my coworkers thought it would be a good idea. I took a lot of grief from my regular doctor and then the gastroenterologist that he referred me to. This can be very dangerous and you don't want to open yourself up to any infection.

Please call your doctor tomorrow and have him recommend something for you. Good luck and please let me know what you decide.

Yeah, I'd just ask you lap Dr. One doesn't really have anything to do with the other though so I think you're fine. I also think its great that you're going for your regular colonoscopy testing!

Totally feel like a fool did mean a colonic English is my second language and coworker misspelled. U asked the doc he recommended madamusel.

Totally feel like a fool did mean a colonic English is my second language and coworker misspelled. U asked the doc he recommended madamusel.

Glad you're ok. Hope the Metamucil works SOON!! Good luck. :-)

If you eat a balanced varied diet your shouldn't need to be cleaned out... Your body will do that one it's own and I bet if you asked....most bandsters living a good bandster life will tell you that part of their life has changed dramatically since being banded.... I am regular, more frequent, and have very normal looking movements because I am not eating fatty foods, drinking alcohol and have an overall balanced diet.

That's funny! I had to take extra Fiber and laxatives to get my bowels moving again. It's very common.

That's funny! I had to take extra fiber and laxatives to get my bowels moving again. It's very common.

I am eating well, too, but pooping twice a week. It is awful. Going to start taking Miralax today as per doctor's instructions. I am tracking everything on my fitness pal and only got 4 grams of fiber yesterday and should be getting 25. It is very difficult to do so with a high Protein diet.

So I started going however its very watery and clear i don't know if that's normal. Will call fix on Monday it as if there is Water around the stool and only Water is coming out with like empty gas. Sorry for the details.