Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A short story......Fils

I know an individual, who was banded a year ago, and has had 12 FILS!!!!....Yes, 12!

He has also had 4-6 un-fils.....

He complains all the time how he is not loosing weight...haven't we all.....and is always saying how he desperately needs a fil.

But, after he gets that needed fil, he starts to complain how he cannot keep anything down....and runs back to get the fil taken out.

Then after a few weeks, he complains he can't control his eating, not loosing, etc,.....goes back and gets 1/2 of what was taken out put back in...as little as 1/2 cc.....

Which does very little, so the complaining starts again and he goes back and gets another 1/2cc put in.

THEN, he is upset because he can't keep anything down.....

This has been going back and forth, back and forth....

At one point he talked about how unhappy he is with his DR, and possibly getting a different Dr. because his was acting impatient and rude to him.....gee, I wonder why....

Then....after a year, he is starting to say the band is not working....the band is a failure and he is wasting is time...nothing but frustration....

Now I generally keep my mouth shut, not my place to tell people what to do...they're not my patients......but this is a case where he clearly thinks this is a magic bullet, and that there is no sacrifice on his part.....he cannot learn that one has to let go of certain foods, and the old ways of eating.....he has to accept the fact his life is about to change if he will cooperate.....but he wants to hold onto the past!!

I posted this because I just read another post by him this morning, and he is complaining he is not loosing weight, and he is at a plateau and looking for advice!!!

Tell him to become a member of this forum. The members here will straighten him out with lots of stuff. Sounds like he has trouble keeping food out of his mouth. That's an excessive amounts of fills/unfills in a 12 month period. My doctor would never allow this.

That is excessive. I think that some people are not aware that the lapband isn't the magic bullet they had assumed it was. Good luck,to him, Maybe he will come her for support. Karen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches