Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heyyyy all!!!!! I hope everyone is doing amazing!!!!! I was banded 8/9/12 and I'm only down 15 bc of the band. I'm on medication for my thyroid bc it's slow and it still isn't fully regulated. Why is this weight loss so slow for me?

Also....... I throw up a lot!!!! I can't eat Protein and carbs or I WILL throw up!! For example.... Turkey on whole wheat.... No bueno!!!!!! Turkey alone... Fine. Toast.... Fine!!!! Ugh so annoying!!!!! Should I call the doctor??

throwing up with the band is dangerous. def need to call dr and tell them what is happening and to advise you.

I would check with the dr of course......but I cannot eat a sandwich very well either. Because I tend to take too big of a bite. It's hard to take a bite of a sandwich that is the size of a fingernail.

I have to eat my Protein and carbs separately. I tried a small sandwich once and was immediately stuck and sliming. I think bites of sandwich are just too big all at once.

Well a couple things: Sandwiches, as others have stated, are very hard for many with bands to eat. It's just not easy to get a small enough bite. The only way I can eat a sandwich is with a fork.

There is a difference between vomiting and PBing. Vomiting is violent and should be avoided at all costs with the band as it can lead to slips. PBing is gently burping stuck food back up and happens occasionally If you're truly vomiting, then you need to get into your doctor immediately. If you're only PBing, then I would suggest smaller bites and more chewing to see if that helps.

As far as your weight loss, are you counting calories and tracking what you eat? Are you sticking to a cup or less of food per meal? Are you getting in all your Protein daily? Do you exercise?

Yes call your doctor you can slip your band if you are always throwing up

Do you throw up because of what and how you eat or that you can not eat at all??

Only you can answer that.

First of all speaking for myself only-

Sandwiches are totally out. Protein first.

cut the food so small i have heard a finger nail, 1/2 an eraser or 1/2 a dime. Then chew chew chew then chew some more. Eat your portion then walk away, no more than 20-30 min. My portion is less then 1/2 a cup sometimes a 1/2 a cup. Listen to your body. Being full vs satisfied is something to learn.

Good luck any questions call dr. Give it 1 day or two at most

wendy

I don't eat bread at all for fear of it getting stuck

bread is a no-go for me. I cannot tolerate it at all - and after two times of trying it (only banded 5 weeks) I am probably off bread for life. I can have other things like low carb tortillas and whole grain Pasta, but bread is really a no go.

In terms of not losing weight, I have found using myfitnesspal.com has been really helpful to track. I have never thrown up or BP'd so, I would definitely call the doc!

Best of luck!!

I have more luck with toasted bread than doughy bread... And I usually only have toast in the morning with some Peanut Butter on it for some Protein.

Definitely talk to the doc... Do you have a fill in your band? Maybe a slight unfill will offer some relief?

Also, not getting enough nutrients can, and most times will, stop weight loss as your body goes into starvation mode.

Keep your head up and don't stop asking questions until you get answers! The band should be a lifestyle change you can live with comfortably, not a miserable life sentence! Best wishes to you!