Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why do people not suceed banded?

There are cases when the band doesn't work, or fails, by no fault of the patient. However they are the exception not the rule. Most of the time, the person fails because they're simply not taking the necessary steps to be successful with the band.

A great number of band slips are also the patient's fault, more often than not it's from having a band too tight for long periods of time, vomiting regularly and not seeking help from their doctor to stop it, carbonation, and even regularly over-eating.

The band is work, make no mistake. But if you're willing to do the work and follow the rules, the odds are definitely in your favor to be successful.

thank you for the information its always good to know from some ones elses point of view

You're right about "big commitment", that it is.

There are some who don't succeed at no fault of their own, b/c of malfunction, or other health issues.

But a large majority is non-compliance.IMO

I've been on this forum for 9mths now and just reading some post, you can tell who are screwing up and who have their head in the game.

This post is going to set off a fire storm, so hold on to your hat!

i think for the most part, yes non compliance

but sometimes, things just happen.

i think for the most part, yes non compliance

but sometimes, things just happen.

And of course, people who are unhappy or are recipients of a failed band will post more often than someone who is successful and just goes on with their life. I know if I buy a product and spend a lot of money on it, I'll find a review board someplace and speak my mind.

So, what happened to Nessa2012? Her profile disappeared already?

tmf

And of course, people who are unhappy or are recipients of a failed band will post more often than someone who is successful and just goes on with their life. I know if I buy a product and spend a lot of money on it, I'll find a review board someplace and speak my mind.

So, what happened to Nessa2012? Her profile disappeared already?

tmf

LOL, maybe I scared her by saying "this post will set off a fire storm"

I agree that more patients fail due to their in-ablilty to accept and follow the guidelines. I see a lot of people who got the band so they would get magically thin. Well it didn't happen like magic for me. I worked for and every other successful bansdster I know has worked hard for it.

sorry didnt want to offend anybody im getting banded this month, so im nervous these people saying they havent lost any weight just kind of makes me wonder why. thats it.

sorry didnt want to offend anybody im getting banded this month, so im nervous these people saying they havent lost any weight just kind of makes me wonder why. thats it.

You didn't offend anyone, we were wondering where you went. I thought I scared you.

You can ask any questions you want to ask, just be sure you're going to get an honest answer.

Just keep reading the threads and you'll start to see why some are not losing weight and you'll also see the one's that do and how they do it.

Nessa, some bandsters do not lose weight. It's a fact. But, it's rarely because they followed the rules or approached their journey in a rational manner. You have to understand that some obese people do not want to give up their food addiction. They will find ways to sabotage their surgery and will eventually fail.

Most of these bandsters post here and seldom give complete answers to needed information. Like, what are you eating, do you exercise etc. Some people simply do not lose because they think they have to eat 500 calories a day still. That won't work in the long run. Some are angry and blame the doctor, band, this forum. Maybe a small fraction of those are accurate, but the vast majority of us lose weight. You have >75% or more chance of succeeding with the band but about 2% if you just diet.

Only you know how hard it is to lose your weight? If you know a better way, you should try that first.

tmf

Nessa' date=' some bandsters do not lose weight. It's a fact. But, it's rarely because they followed the rules or approached their journey in a rational manner. You have to understand that some obese people do not want to give up their food addiction. They will find ways to sabotage their surgery and will eventually fail.

Most of these bandsters post here and seldom give complete answers to needed information. Like, what are you eating, do you exercise etc. Some people simply do not lose because they think they have to eat 500 calories a day still. That won't work in the long run. Some are angry and blame the doctor, band, this forum. Maybe a small fraction of those are accurate, but the vast majority of us lose weight. You have >75% or more chance of succeeding with the band but about 2% if you just diet.

Only you know how hard it is to lose your weight? If you know a better way, you should try that first.

tmf[/quote']

Great post!