Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help feeling down

Since my Pre-Op and my Post-Op I lost 35lbs. I'm on mushies now and I have gained 7Lbs. I am feeling down and like a failure. Please help me. I had my surgery on 11-26-2012. No fill yet am due for first fill on January 3, 2013. I'm so afraid I might gain all I have lost back before my fill date.

Do not be distressed. Gaining can happen once you change from liquids to mushes. Your body is still healing and you have not had a fill yet and it is difficult to get all your Protein in during this stage. When eating your mushes try to make good choices and add some unflavored protein to increase the protein content and this may help some with cutting back on the calorie content. Hope you feel better soon, holidays are hard for a new banded person so try to be positive and it will get better.

Do not be distressed. Gaining can happen once you change from liquids to mushes. Your body is still healing and you have not had a fill yet and it is difficult to get all your Protein in during this stage. When eating your mushes try to make good choices and add some unflavored Protein to increase the protein content and this may help some with cutting back on the calorie content. Hope you feel better soon' date=' holidays are hard for a new banded person so try to be positive and it will get better.[/quote']

Thanks so much, I just felt so down today when I got off the scale.. I was thinking about going back on full liquids until my first fill. This can be so overwhelm for newbies..

Do not be distressed. Gaining can happen once you change from liquids to mushes. Your body is still healing and you have not had a fill yet and it is difficult to get all your Protein in during this stage. When eating your mushes try to make good choices and add some unflavored Protein to increase the protein content and this may help some with cutting back on the calorie content. Hope you feel better soon' date=' holidays are hard for a new banded person so try to be positive and it will get better.[/quote']

Thanks so much, I just felt so down today when I got off the scale.. I was thinking about going back on full liquids until my first fill. This can be so overwhelm for newbies..

Hang in there. it is a tough time of year and the body does strange stuff while healing. Stay away from the scales for a few days, and eat more Protein.< /p>

you don't want to do that, follow your Drs plan. Anyways sometimes it takes a few fills before the band kicks in.

Just go with the flow and everything will work out. Promise!

Can you give us an idea what you are eating on mushies and how much??? Take a deep breathe, you will be fine.

I will. Thanks so much.. I am expecting to much out of myself im still healing and learning. not to mention while my Dr was putting in my LapBand he found a Hiatal Hernia he had to repair, so your right. i going to relax eat like direct by the Dr!! I can do this I have the will power and determination and with you all on this wonderful site to give me advice we got this. Thanks so much..

I'm eating Cream of Wheat 4ounces, Cream Of chicken Soup 1 cup, Mixed California Veggies cook mushie 4ounces, SF Jello, SF pudding. SF Pop Sicles, Protein shakes strawberry

Please make sure your dr is okay with this, but at the mushie stage, I bought a rotissaire chicken and put it in a blender with a bit of liquid, sometime added chedder or laughing cow............best thing I ever ate. I could also do chili in a blender, you should start eating your Protein not just drinking it. I put cottage cheese in my soup and blended it as cottage cheese is a good source of protein. I believe I stuck with one of my pre op shakes for bfast and ate my other 2 meals. tuna salad, chicken salad...........eating protein will keep you fuller longer. Again, make sure this is on your dr's plan, but this was my personal choices during my pureed and blenderized stage.

Since my Pre-Op and my Post-Op I lost 35lbs. I'm on mushies now and I have gained 7Lbs. I am feeling down and like a failure. Please help me. I had my surgery on 11-26-2012. No fill yet am due for first fill on January 3' date=' 2013. I'm so afraid I might gain all I have lost back before my fill date.

[/quote']

Sorry you're feeling down. If you are following all the rules I doubt you will put all your lost weight so far back on. That gain could be a combination of things, swelling, Water retention, not many bowel movements, ttotm. Try to drink as much Water as possible as that will help flush your system. You aren't a failure, this is how this part of the journey is. One day you may very well step on the scales and that weight has disappeared over night. Also if you are having canned Soups check the sodium and carb contents. Might be better to make your own, then you know exactly what goes into them.

Stay strong that scale will start to move in the right direction.

Patience is something we have to learn with the band. Grrr patience, patience!

Sorry you're feeling down. If you are following all the rules I doubt you will put all your lost weight so far back on. That gain could be a combination of things' date=' swelling, Water retention, not many bowel movements, ttotm. Try to drink as much Water as possible as that will help flush your system. You aren't a failure, this is how this part of the journey is. One day you may very well step on the scales and that weight has disappeared over night. Also if you are having canned Soups check the sodium and carb contents. Might be better to make your own, then you know exactly what goes into them.

Stay strong that scale will start to move in the right direction.

Patience is something we have to learn with the band. Grrr patience, patience!

[/quote']

Thank so much for the good advice, I am doing just as you said. This is all new to me and I just have to listen to my body an continue to let my body heal and let the swollen continue to go down. I started today off with a positive attitude and want get on the scale for right now. Today I ate my Protein first as always then stopped once I felt full! I notice tuna and lettuce did not agree with me today, for the first time since I was banded it came back up. I really think I did not chew good enough and I had a pain in the middle of my chest before its came right back up. So no tuna or lettuce for me right now. Cottage cheese and baby food and cream of wheat and my full liquids will be just fine.. I am so happy to have friends like you all on this site to help put me back into a good spirit. An your right I am not a failure. Thank again everyone I appreciate you all so much! xoxoxoxox

So glad to see this post!..I had my band five days ago and I guess I'm a slow healer.my stomach is still very bloated and I had lost 8 pounds post op and now have gained a few pounds??i have been in severe pain since the surgery in my stomach back and side.last night I was hurting so bad I wanted to go to the ER but I took a pain pill because my family Dr gives them to me and I paced on my street and layed on a heating pad until it went away.i had a previous stomach surgery last year that was pretty severe and my DR said I had some scar tissue I have been drinking my 2 Protein Shakes and Water and very little yogurt and Jello and couldn't understand how I gained weight?..everyone on here is so nice and helpful how long does it take til you can start working out ?

Hi everyone ! New to this, but looks like there are alot of positive people here! My surgery was 9-12-12 and I'm still trying to get in the swing of it. I never realized how much of it was going to be mental. I have had 2 fills and am at 7cc, but I still feel no restriction! Im able to eat anything i want never had trouble with nausea, throwing up, or anything I have read about some of your experiences. honestly if i couldnt see the surgery spots on my stomach, I wouldnt even think i had a band. Which is discouraging and makes me want to eat more. Im hungry all the time, which i know is more my brain saying that then my stomach This can't be right is it?? I have read where some felt lots of restriction at 2-4cc, and already lost 20-25 lbs in first couple months So feeling a little confused and what do y'all mean by slider foods ?? Sorry for the pity party rant, just want to know going through this wasn't for nothing. Any words of wisdom or advice is welcomed

Hi everyone ! New to this, but looks like there are alot of positive people here! My surgery was 9-12-12 and I'm still trying to get in the swing of it. I never realized how much of it was going to be mental. I have had 2 fills and am at 7cc, but I still feel no restriction! Im able to eat anything i want never had trouble with nausea, throwing up, or anything I have read about some of your experiences. honestly if i couldnt see the surgery spots on my stomach, I wouldnt even think i had a band. Which is discouraging and makes me want to eat more. Im hungry all the time, which i know is more my brain saying that then my stomach This can't be right is it?? I have read where some felt lots of restriction at 2-4cc, and already lost 20-25 lbs in first couple months So feeling a little confused and what do y'all mean by slider foods ?? Sorry for the pity party rant, just want to know going through this wasn't for nothing. Any words of wisdom or advice is welcomed

I had my surgery a week after you...........3 months ago today, I have had 3 fills and am at 4cc. I do not have restriction). Slider foods are food that aren't good for you that are super easy to pass thru the band, cake, Cookies, ice cream, sweets, liquids for some reason our band lets those pass on thru. What are you eating daily, are you getting your Protein? I am certainly not hungry all the time and limit myself to 1c per meal, but could eat more if I wanted to. Good luck to you.