Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having lapband on Dec 18. Going out of town on 22. Help!!!

I am going out of town Saturday for basketball game and staying all night. What can I do when my friends go out to eat. What can I take to drink?

Cause I assume I cannot eat anything. I do not know what to expect. I hope I feel ok

Looking forward to the Lapband. And my new life. Yea for me.

I am not sure what your dr's instructions are, but I would have been aloud to have Soup, yougart, pudding, smoothies, Protein drinks............just follow your dr's instructions and you should be fine.

carry some ready to drink Protein shakes , at least 2 per day. You can always have Soup. Carry some Crystal lights with you for flavored drinks.

Best wishes

You will do fine... just take it one day at a time.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss; 156 lbs

Maybe stay home and recover from surgery? This is serious stuff. You could very well be on pain meds still, incisions will not have healed. My vote would be stay home. I know I will get bashed for being negative, but sometimes you have to decide which is more important, your health or your social life! If you really can't miss the game, cancel the surgery.

I would have to agree with Chez... I honestly don't think you will feel like it. And you will most likely realize this at that time, but just take care of yourself!!

Cancelling the game is not a bad idea either. Everyone heals differently, and personally I could have gone 3 days post op, but have heard of other who could hardly get out of bed 5 days post op. Why don't you just wait and see how you feel...........put people on notice that you may or may not be able to attend.

I traveled at 7 days post op for a business trip, I had my physicians permission. I was on a full liquid diet. Key to my statement is I had my physicians permission to travel. I will say it was a very hard trip, I was gone for 3 days, my band tightened up from the plane ride and it was just scary being hundreds of miles away from my surgeon so soon after surgery. I had no idea how I was going to react to traveling and what if something went wrong. All I can say is I was fortunate to be traveling with 6 other nurses and was surrounded the entire 3 days with medical people. I packed my Protein and shaker and the rest I had to find. I ate the broth off of Soups and yogurt. Funny but watching others eat does not bother me, I chose this life so I am rarely tempted by what others eat. I will warn you that this trip was hard for me, I was extremely tired and had little energy. I didn't have a choice but to go because this had been planned for a very long time and was a requirement for my work, if it had been for pleasure I would not have gone because I really did not have much fun nor was I much fun to be around. My main point discuss with MD and if you decide to go know it will not be easy.

I am scheduled to be banded Thursday the 20th. Dr says I should be fine to return to work monday the 24th I know everyone is different but after going thru this forum im wondering if I will be one of the lucky ones. My question is how long on average tov ppl take off from school work etc

I am scheduled to be banded Thursday the 20th. Dr says I should be fine to return to work monday the 24th I know everyone is different but after going thru this forum im wondering if I will be one of the lucky ones. My question is how long on average tov ppl take off from school work etc

On an average I would say 5-10 days depending if there is lifting involved in your job. I have a desk job so I took off 5 days and went back to work knowing I could not bend at the waist or lift anything heavier than 5 lbs. I was weak and still only taking in about 600 calories aday when I returned to work.

Well my question would be what exactly is your food plan for 4-5 days post op. I was on Clear Liquids for the first 7 days though I was allowed to have Protein Shake which I realize it's not clear. If you are allowed Protein Shakes I would bring 3 Protein shakes per day. If you're staying at a hotel where you have a microwave and refrigerator I would bring broth that you can heat up again if you're on clear liquids. If you're allowed smooth Soup I would bring those with you as well. But also remember smooth soup is like Tomato or squash not chicken Noodle or something like that. Will you have to do the driving for this trip. I don't know how much I would have been up to driving long distances. I did do an hour drive with my mother about 3-4 days post op; but I was a passenger not the driver.