Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 1 liquid diet pout

So week 1 has come and gone and I know I am sop post to be on a liquid diet to give my stomach time to heal but it has been hard! My work had its Christmas party yesterday and we went to a BBQ place. I ordered Soup but found myself nibbling on potato. I have been taking small nibbles of chips and string cheese and biscuits. I know I miss chewing but I seriously need to give my stomach a chance to rest.

Has anyone had a problem with not being able to feel full from Protein Drinks? I have a hard time. My stomach growls every hour. I have my bariatric Protein Shake in the morning followed by hot tea, another shake or soup, jello-o, more hot tea, and evening shake and Jello or applesauce before bed. It seems I am always Hungary especially at 10:30. I like to have jello and prune juice before bed. (The liquid stool softener makes me want to barf. )

It has been a hell of a week with 11 lbs off. I find myself napping after work and find it hard concentrate and sleep at night. I am not sure why. I usually fall asleep at 2am. Seems I have to get my schedule in order. So if your hungry like me but need to be on liquids 1oz every 15 minutes. What do you do? Will the stomach growling go away?

2 mths out here and my stomach still growls. Have not got enough fills for restriction yet. I like my stomach growling it lets me know I'm burning fat. I know I'm weird!

I really wish you would not be eating anything not on your plan. You could cause some real damage if your stomach is churning and trying to digest that food. Plus if you're eating chips & biscuits you're setting yourself up for bad eating habits. It's too soon!

When I has hungry between meals I drink Hot Chai tea or sf hot chocolate and that helped. Pretty soon you should be able to start drinking as much Water as you want. I think I was just restricted for the first week and now I can gulp down water with no problem. 1st week cold water did hurt my stomach, needed room temp.

Just drink as much as you can between meals, that alone should keep you feeling full.

Bee Healthy!

We have all struggled after surgery but you MUST follow your surgeon's instructions, especially during the healing process. You are healing right now and could cause some serious harm to yourself by eating too soon. The band is still healing as are the stitches holding it in place. You could cause the band not to heal properly or to slip because your stomach is churning and digesting food it shouldn't be. Please, no matter how hard it is, don't disregard your post-op instructions. You did not go through all this to have to go back in for surgery for messing it up. I am not trying to sound mean, but this is very serious and you could do serious harm to your healing process.

We have all been there and it sucks but you will get through this. If the food around you is bothersome, then avoid it. If it means you miss out on a gathering because you cannot handle being around the food, then so be it. Your health is far more important than cheating or harming yourself.

The habits you set up now too can impact your future success as well. Please, please, no more food until you are "allowed". Your health depends on it.

We have all struggled after surgery but you MUST follow your surgeon's instructions' date=' especially during the healing process. You are healing right now and could cause some serious harm to yourself by eating too soon. The band is still healing as are the stitches holding it in place. You could cause the band not to heal properly or to slip because your stomach is churning and digesting food it shouldn't be. Please, no matter how hard it is, don't disregard your post-op instructions. You did not go through all this to have to go back in for surgery for messing it up. I am not trying to sound mean, but this is very serious and you could do serious harm to your healing process.

We have all been there and it sucks but you will get through this. If the food around you is bothersome, then avoid it. If it means you miss out on a gathering because you cannot handle being around the food, then so be it. Your health is far more important than cheating or harming yourself.

The habits you set up now too can impact your future success as well. Please, please, no more food until you are "allowed". Your health depends on it.[/quote']

Dawn,

Thank you for this information. Sometimes we need perspective to come to terms with why we are in this. And you right my body does need to heal. If I am in this I need to be 100% healthy and not when I feel like it. I do have some chai tea from trader joes. I think I will start drinking this in the morning and taking some to work. I do enjoy it plus it may help with the hunger pains (thanks for the suggestions I do appreciate them.)

And honestly I don't feel like paying the bill on another surgery, getting my PPO to cover this one was difficult enough. I just have to learn to say no, I know my body will thank me for it later.

You guys are awesome.

-Jen