Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE SURGERY

Had my surgery on November 19th and have only lost about 3lbs. I have a10cc band and no fill at time of surgery.

I lust more weight before surgery, 7lbs in two Weeks.

I don't eat anymore now than I did the two Weeks before surgery.

I'm at a loss.

I feel like I'm starving 2 hours after I've eaten.

I'm not discouraged. I'm just unsure of what to expect and why I'm not losing weight.

Measure portions and eat as directed by your doctor or nutritionist. Exercise is very important as well!

This is the 4th such topic today. Sorry, but here are the first two topics with many many answers to your questions? I just posted this a few minutes ago with "Is this normal" topic:

Yours is the 3rd such post of the day. Here's a link to another post and topic that dealt entirely with the same issues.

http://www.lapbandta...d-some-support/

And another:

http://www.lapbandta...t/#entry1893882

Don't mean to put you off, but many of your questions are answered in these two topics.

I will say that for me the band was very finicky the first 8 months. I could go a week eating pretty much anything and then suddenly, my band would say, no way, no chicken today. It takes some time to change old eating habits. Big bites, eating too fast and the wrong food mix takes time to change, but you'll do it, in about 3 more months.

tmf

I have been doing my Protein shakes still because I'm not much of a meat eater. I have chicken and fish but not so much lately.

I eat slowly and get full fast, only to be starving a couple of hours later.

My hunger pangs hurt even before I realize I'm starving to death.

I will admit I've not been doing much extra exercise because my incisions weren't healing properly. I was afraid.

After reading others posts, I'm a little upset with myself...

Pbbbbtttt! No worries. I only lost 12 lbs my first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. Everyone is different. I know it's hard to watch as some others post that they're losing 30 lbs in two months but it happens and if you stay patient it will happen for you too. You're still in the healing phase so I wouldn't worry about it. Get a fill the first of the year and start your journey. Go to this post by B-52, it should make you feel better: His post is #7 but there's a lot of good posts and advice. The topic addresses your issues closely.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/161530-very-confused-about-lapband-and-reason-for-it/page__hl__b#820852#entry1893880

I believe that all of you are very uneducated about your bands. You're not following instructions or not given any. There is no way that you can not lose weight if you are following the plan. It's the holidays and I think you all have gone off the wagon or something. You are the fourth person posted today about no weight loss. I am still losing after three years because I follow instructions. If you didnt get any then by all means call your doctor and get them. We cant help you if you're not being honest.

I believe that most doctors here in the states, do not advise their patients well. And support is nearly non existent unless you demand it and even then the staff may make it hard to find? When you have time, watch these videos. They are invaluable:

Part 1

part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Thank you so much for your help everyone.

Despite what anyone may think...I'm doing as I'm suppose to. I didn't struggle thru Thanksgiving and I won't thru Christmas...I have the willpower because this is so important to me in my life.

I didn't have a major eating problem before I had this done, but felt it would aid me in "eating" altogether...which I don't like to eat or take the time. That was my issue and it's as bad as overeating.

I'm only hurting myself if I don't do right or lie about it. Noone else will suffer...

Thanks again

I must add...I also have HYPOTHYROIDISM (for several years). This may slow my weight loss too IDK.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm bummed for not losing.