Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fever last night, diarrhea all day

Don't know if it's my "gallbladder removal hell" surgery from last Monday effects or if I have a bug. Ran a fever last night and have had diarrhea all day today. I have heard you will experience diarrhea after eating with your gallbladder removed, guess that's true...can't I catch a break? First six months of my lap band have been off/on sick with my gallbladder and last week went in for surgery for that and now this, sheesh. On a good note, got up this morning and had lost 2 lbs, woot woot!

please keep drinking so you dont get dehydrated

and i sure hope you get to feeling better soon

(when i had my GB removed, i didnt get the runs. i wish i could offer more guidance)

I got my gallbladder taken out and I couldn't eat anything with out geting the runs

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

how do you cope, what do you do everyday about eating and going? help??? At first last week I was constipated due to all the pain meds but yesterday, well last night and all day today I've had diarrhea. Don't know if I've got a touch of a bug or what because I am running a low grade fever. I've taken 3 Lomotil and it won't stop it and thats stronger than Immodium.

how do you cope, what do you do everyday about eating and going? help??? At first last week I was constipated due to all the pain meds but yesterday, well last night and all day today I've had diarrhea. Don't know if I've got a touch of a bug or what because I am running a low grade fever. I've taken 3 Lomotil and it won't stop it and thats stronger than Immodium.

i would say (call the dr and tell them)..getting dehydrated can be dangerous and you do not want that..tell the dr of the fever and the runs etc.....its important honey. ((keep sipping/drinking))

See your doctor very soon. Don't wait for a follow-up.

Best wishes

The fever is not normal but the diarrhea is. It should have stated that in your post op instructions. I had mine out yesterday and that was one of the things he discussed at my appointment and before discharging me. Anything with fat in it from now on is going to cause it too. Dairy will also. I cant believe these doctors send you home with no clear instructions. I have a five page paper to tell me what to expect. I would call him about the fever though. You may have diarrhea for a long time because the bile is dumping straight in to the intestines and no longer being filtered through the gallbladder. All my family had diarrhea for 18 months or longer. Keep drinking and call your doctor

Cheryl, thank you so much for the info and no, no one told me anything about the side effects of getting my gallbladder out, i.e. diarrhea. I just read it and remembered my ex mother-in-law who also had the surgery years ago always used to get diarrhea. I do try and limit my high fat foods now but there are times I do indulge, for instance, this past week, a friend brought over a casserole because I had had surgery and it was made with creamed Soups and chicken and slices of butter and Ritz crackers on top, very rich, called chicken on the Ritz, delish but I'm sure very high in fat, I did eat it a couple of times and bam, diarrhea. As far as milk products, I don't drink milk but I do like cheese, like low fat string cheese. You aren't going to believe this but I came home with NO paperwork regarding my gallbladder, the only paperwork I came home with was aftercare of wounds and if I ran a fever which here a week and half later I am. I am also taking a strong dose of Cipro which may be contributing to the diarrhea, I don't know. I plan on calling the dr when he gets back from lunch. Thank you again for the info.

Donna

I just want to say hang in there. You've been through a lot, but just keep on keeping on. I'm sorry you're going through this.

thank you pebbagirl, I'm tryin to hang in there. having tests done tomorrow to see if there is an infection of some sorts.