Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stuck not losing

So i had surgery on june 29th 2012. iv lost 40lbs and i currently just had my third fill in a 14cc band that is now up to 8 cc. i am so bummed. i was losing 10lbs a month with not much effort...but now i feel like if i get anything i gain. i do weigh everyday..which i know is a bad thing but the surgeon says as long as i dont let it effect how i eat ....well 5 months in and its effecting how im eating. i dont know how to stop it...HELP..im only down 2lbs since my fill on novermber 28th. i exercise everyday andi beileive eat well....what am i doing wrong. i need some input please?

Portion sizes may be an issue, but it is not unusual for the body to pause once in a while on this journey. Check with your nutritionist, you may actually need less calories than you did in the beginning to keep losing.

Do you log your food? Eat 1 cup per meal, 3-4oz of Protein? Drink enough Water throughout the day?

I log my food on myfitnesspal everyday, eat 1200 calories per day and focus on high Protein. I also drink 64 to 80ozs of Water per day.

Keep at it, you'll get there. Good luck!

You're perfectly normal. I don't know what you expected but more than 6 lbs in any month is good and 2 lbs in two weeks is still good, especially this time of year. 40 lbs in 5.5 months is excellent too.

Don't expect the weight to fall off consistently from here on out or you're going to be very disappointed. You will see plateaus that last a week or even a month or two. It's normal and is the way most all of us have lost our weight.

I weigh myself twice a day and I'm one of the few who sees no problem with it. It doesn't affect how I eat and I feel like if I know where I am, I know what I have to do to stay the course. Daily weight fluctuations are very normal and expected so I don't get all emotional over a lb or three here or there.

tmf

I to find myself feeling like I should have lost more, there are weeks that I haven't lost anything and then when I think I am not doing it, I will have dropped 3-4 pounds. I haven't had a fill yet, not sure if it's time to get one. I am pretty much in control of what and how much I will eat. I do feel as if I have hit a plateau, on my doctors visit a week ago he said that I was making great progress and he was both pleased and surprised with my results because of the diabetes it's harder to lose the weight. Just keep forging ahead in the end it will all pan out. Good Luck.

What you're experiencing is normal. I know, I know it's frustrating considering how what we eat is small amounts of food. Up until two weeks ago I was stuck on loosing and gaining the same three or four pounds over a few weeks. I hit a plateau. Today I went in for a fill but didn't get one as I've been sick and still not 100% so after discussing it with my fill person we both decided it was best I get back to normal before I get a small top up. I'm at 7.8 in a 14cc band.

I weighed in and in ten days I've dropped 8 pounds. So looks like my little frustrating plateau has broken. I've only walked about two days in the last ten days also.

So hang in there, tweak your diet, check you aren't overdoing the carbs. Keep exercising and before you know it the weight will start melting off again.

Our bodies put the brakes on from time to time and we just have to keep being persistent.

I to haven't lost in 2 wks and a bit discourage but I know how this works after being on so many diet b4 but it still is disappointing. I am not eating more and I pee all night long but my ring is still tight so I am going to watch my salt a little more even though I never go over the daily limit accourding to the tracker but still. I pray that tommorwo I will get up and 4 lbs will be off.

Renee, it appears to be working if have your eating under control. That is what the band is to help you do. Don't worry about the quick loss. I would not get a fill if you are able to eat small amounts and be satisfied. Be very thankful. I am the same. I am over 10 months out and only have had one fill. We are all different.

Thanks everyone