Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I just dont know what to do,

in 2007 I was at my all time high of 465lbs, My surgen would not operate on me at that weight and said I had to lose down to 400 lbs, So over the next 3 months or so I droped the wiight and was down to 386 lbs on the morening of sugery in march of 2008. the dr put in a AP large band and I stayed in the hospital 2 days. when I was released from the hospital I weighed 402 lbs (how that possilbe) lol.. Any way fast foward a year or so and the dr is not satasfied with my weight loss and scalds me when I had my last feel at 360lbs telling me that if Im not willing to help my self then she cant help me. That feel was to tight but I didnt go back because of the scaulding she gave me. I lived with constant PBing (every time I ate) for almost 3 years. The weight loss still wasnt there thoe I was down to 328lbs. I had no choice but to go back to her because of the damage all the PBing had done, I was in constant pain and ended up at the er severl times because I thought I was having a heart attack. They wanted me to go see her and get checked out. So I go to her and she does a barium swallow test and a upper gi with the scope down the throught and tells me that I had some erosion in my esoficus (spelling is not my strong point). She does a complete up fell and said I have to let it heal before she slowly starts feeling me agian... That was in the end of augest, I have gone back and got one feel but today I am 70lbs heavyer than I was when she done the upfill! how is it even possible to gain 70 lbs in 3.5 months!!??? I am scared and dont know what to do. I am afraid that if I go see her that she will turn me away and tell me to find another dr... Please advise me on what to do.

Hey Thoma,

You should be proud of what you have done so far. Besides lecturing you did the Dr give you any advice? Have you seen a nutrionist.? If are not comfortable with doctor maybe you should find another. You should not stay overfilled.

My advice is to know how much you are allowed to eat and measure and track all your food. Eat slow and chew alot. Are you doing all this?

Dont give up because someone is a jerk. You have done so well and you deserve to be succussful. I am here for support if you need it. Feel free to message me.

Helen

I am not quite sure I understand your drs position unless there is more to your medical history. If it were me I would get a handle on the situation myself. If you are gaining weight you are eating more calories than you are burning. Unless there is a medical reason to warrant it. Considering there is not... You need to start getting back to basics and be stict with yourself. Decide on a calorie count .... For me it was 1000 because I didn't exercise for the first year. Then start weighing and measuring your food. My dr had me do 3 oz Protein, 1/2 c veggie and 1/4 c starch for each meal three times per day. Also I used a phone ap to track everything I put in my mouth except toothpaste. When I hit 1000 calories for the day I was done eating. I didn't cheat, break the rules or try to eat around the band.

If you do this I cannot see how you wouldn't lose weight. I was 377 2 years ago. Today I am 157. Why not try it?

well, not sure what to tell you. I guess first I would start with a new doctor and don't be afraid to tell him that you don't do well with scolding I don't either and had to say something last time I was in and now I have help in a positive way. Weight gain is often and emotional one and you would think they would know that. Also get some counsoling it never hurt and you might just find the key you need. I wish you good luck and much success in the new year.