Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't follow directions!

I had family visiting and i thought it would be ok to have a drink(rum punch). And the day before i ate some mac& cheese.....both of those turn out to be BAD idea's. I have been in the bathroom since 5am. My tummy is sore not to mention my bottom :( this the worst. I never want to feel this way again. For best results follow directions! No alcohol or food i shouldn't eat .

I am so sorry that you feel so bad!! I know it can be so difficult adjusting to social situations without doing what we used to do like drinking and eating too much. I am only 2 weeks out post op and during the holidays it has been difficult to say no.

Just curious, how far out are you that this has caused such a problem for you? My guess is the sugar in the rum punch and high fat content in the mac and cheese was just too rich for your new tummy. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Week 5. I had to count it up cause i thought i was at week 6. I tell you old habits die hard but my band is definitely the tool i needed.

how much did u have it shouldn't have bothered u so much if it was just a little....amount is the important thing

Everyone goes through this. I keep a list of foods I have problems with so not to happen again. I commend then you shared with us and that you are back up on that horse. Even with a sore bumm.

Best of Luck.

Don't think you did anything wrong, you've just discovered what you can and can't tolerate now being banded. Glad you're feeling better.

I drink every saturday vodka n cranberry juice not like i used too but still have a few im still loosing probably not as quick as i could but im happy to loose a bit slower and enjoy myself :) 19 lbs down banded 6 nov 2012 good luck xx

I saw fergie on the Ellen show and sheis coming out with low calorie flavored vodka sorry several flavors.

you can drink alcohol with the band once you are healed... all Drs have a different rule of thumb as to when but usually its not before 3-6 months. I have been known to have an adult beverage during my losing stage but not without tracking it and counting the calories as part of my daily 1000 so it didnt effect my loss. Also for every drink have 2 extra glasses of Water on top of your normal 8 to off set the retention....

There have been moments that my band kept me in check and while it was a miserable experience, I was grateful for the little thing. :)

Sorry you were not feeling well but it is a good reminder to stay on track. Also, be careful w/ vomiting as it is not good for the band and can cause it to slip.

I am guessing too that the sugars and fat that you haven't had for a while made you sick. I am 5 1/2 mos. out and do have an ocassional drink, like Floridays, I count it in my daily calories so I don't let it throw me off course.

I hope you are feeling better today and chalk this up as one of those "lessons learned".

It's the next time that counts. Learn from it and move on!