Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help an Oldie but a Newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm nervous but here I am posting. I only hope I'm doing it right! I Was banded 06/10.. and have lost about 35 lbs but am currently in a free fall downward spiral. That's why I'm here. I'm 43 yr old female who works as a 911 supervisor emergency dispatcher. I need to feel good.

I have NOT been following the protocols for successful band use and I take full responsibility. I'm eating slider foods, drinking soda & just doing everything I shouldn't. But..... I'm comin back. I have this tool (which I self paid for) & I'm not using it.

Thanks for all your posts I've read so far! I feel inspired. Emotional eating is out of control! For some reason I having lots of fear in my life & dealing unhealthily with it.

Any words of wisdom for a back to basics slacker? Where to begin? Just had a fill 2 weeks ago and seems good. Maybe a day or two of liquids to rest the pouch. I've been pretty hard on it. Anywhoooo sorry this is so long!

Thanks for any and all criticism, suggestions and advice!

SunD

In addition to the food and lifestyle changes, have you considered seeking some emotional support? Does your workplace offer counseling/psychologist you can access to talk about work and personal issues?

I believe if the doctor offers nearby where you live weight reduction seminars on a monthly basis. My dietitian travels 1 hour to my home town and runs a seminar for 1 hour each month and we sit and talk about our issues. She also provides us a low carb Snacks as samples for us to order if we like them. The latest techniques are discussed. We all share this valuable time monthly. Ther are about 15 of us who show up often.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Hi everyone!

I'm nervous but here I am posting. I only hope I'm doing it right! I Was banded 06/10.. and have lost about 35 lbs but am currently in a free fall downward spiral. That's why I'm here. I'm 43 yr old female who works as a 911 supervisor emergency dispatcher. I need to feel good.

I have NOT been following the protocols for successful band use and I take full responsibility. I'm eating slider foods, drinking soda & just doing everything I shouldn't. But..... I'm comin back. I have this tool (which I self paid for) & I'm not using it.

Thanks for all your posts I've read so far! I feel inspired. Emotional eating is out of control! For some reason I having lots of fear in my life & dealing unhealthily with it.

Any words of wisdom for a back to basics slacker? Where to begin? Just had a fill 2 weeks ago and seems good. Maybe a day or two of liquids to rest the pouch. I've been pretty hard on it. Anywhoooo sorry this is so long!

Thanks for any and all criticism, suggestions and advice!

SunD

just (begin)

you know what you have to do..

eating Protein rich foods (in your allotted amounts) fresh fruit/veggies

drink alot (to stay hydrated) and exercise (whatever you are able to do)...

you said you are eating slider food, more than you should etc...so stop. get right back on program. RIGHT NOW--today.

to make yourself feel good, you need to believe.

there is no such thing as will power. to lose weight and get healthy, you have to want it. want it enough to put the excuses aside and get on with it. (want power) is what i have and use every single day to keep going.

ps-thank you for doing your job as it is so important. i think you are an angel for doing that. your kind voice on the other end of the line during an emergency is a god send.

just (begin)

you said you are eating slider food, more than you should etc...so stop. get right back on program. RIGHT NOW--today.

there is no such thing as will power. to lose weight and get healthy, you have to want it. want it enough to put the excuses aside and get on with it. (want power) is what i have and use every single day to keep going.

ps-thank you for doing your job as it is so important. i think you are an angel for doing that. your kind voice on the other end of the line during an emergency is a god send.

Good solid advice!

Start today...

you can do it....

~hugs~

My theory is that I cannot let my mind take control of my body. God has given me a spirit of self-control and not of defeat. I will not let food mess up what I have accomplished with God's help! Maybe if you believe you can use my method!

My theory is that I cannot let my mind take control of my body. God has given me a spirit of self-control and not of defeat. I will not let food mess up what I have accomplished with God's help! Maybe if you believe you can use my method!

All things are possible, only believe!

In addition to the food and lifestyle changes' date=' have you considered seeking some emotional support? Does your workplace offer counseling/psychologist you can access to talk about work and personal issues?[/quote']

Yes, it does and I believe that would definately be a good resource. Thanks!

I believe if the doctor offers nearby where you live weight reduction seminars on a monthly basis. My dietitian travels 1 hour to my home town and runs a seminar for 1 hour each month and we sit and talk about our issues. She also provides us a low carb Snacks as samples for us to order if we like them. The latest techniques are discussed. We all share this valuable time monthly. Ther are about 15 of us who show up often.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Ya know I've never been one for support groups but that could be part often problem! We do have one about an hour away. I think I'll look into it. Thanks for the kind words!

just (begin)

you said you are eating slider food' date=' more than you should etc...so stop. get right back on program. RIGHT NOW--today.

ps-thank you for doing your job as it is so important. i think you are an angel for doing that. your kind voice on the other end of the line during an emergency is a god send.[/quote']

I do believe this is the root of the problem. Fear of failure AND success!! I know how to do it... what to eat, what to drink, etc..... it is the "believe" part. It's time to start believing. And thanks for the kind words about my job. It is the most stressful, frustrating and irritating job at times but the rewards outweigh all that because of people like you!❤ Thanks!!

Start today...

you can do it....

~hugs~

Thank You!! I can do it.

You're right! A big part of this, is the spiritual aspect. I need to let God play a bigger role. He has given us faith, not fear. ❤

❤Thank you all!! I need to practice faith not fear and believe I CAN do this. I know how.... I need to begin. Today. Many thanks for taking the time to read the introductions thread ❤ !

â¤Thank you all!! I need to practice faith not fear and believe I CAN do this. I know how.... I need to begin. Today. Many thanks for taking the time to read the introductions thread ⤠!

We're here for you,anytime you need us!

We're also a 24/7 support group. Stick around!