Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on here after two years ? need advice and support

I was banded February 2010 and lost 50 pounds within the first six months. I needed to lose about 80 total and was 30 from target weight. I have slipped and gained back 30 of that. I am 5 foot 10 and a 260 pounds, and now need to lose 60. I have a band 10cc about 8.5 Filled. I am taking in to much sugar and not eating right at all and pretty much eat what I want. I guess I just need some advice, support, or encouragement. Thanks!

I'm not banded yet, (Jan 4th), but if you did it before, you can do it now!!! Maybe get another fill or make an appointment with your nutritionist. Good Luck!

Time to start over... beginning with asking your self the following question: DO I WANT IT. If you think anything other than heck yes, or the answer has a but in it, you are still not committed. You must make the commitment to change your life or the band will not help you this time either.

Make sure you get regular fills and stick to the golden rules. You can do this again...I was banded two years this month. Went from 276 now to 163. It has taken some time but I'm so close to goal. Just remember how good you will feel, healthy!!!!

You know what to do... Now you need to do it but I wonder how you got off track. Were you going the dr every month?

I am two years post op and at goal since Sept 9th 2012. I lost 124 lbs was it easy no, was it frustrating at times, YES!.

Ok now for you, being banded takes a lot of commitment and dedication to the process. We all thought at one time this process would be a piece of cake but guess what they lied to us, it is not a diet but it still takes changing our relationship with food and how we cope. The key to success with lapband is fixing the head hunger and learning what to do besides eat. The one thing I read most on these forums is people expecting the band to tell them when to stop eating and not focusing on how they can make that happen. Once you start down the slippery slope of treating this like a diet and think of eating the wrong foods like it is difficult to remain focused on what you started out to accomplish. Your band has Fluid in it, I am sure it lets you know when you are full but if you are eating sugary sweet foods the band will not stop these. Simple carbohydrates like sweets will slide right through your band every time. You have a lot of thinking and refocusing to do.

First question, are you really ready to recommit to the band and the weight loss process?

When did you last see your WLS?

Do you have a strong support system?

First I would see my surgeon and meet with a nutritionist, if you don't want to do that then I would do the 5day pouch test. www.5daypouchtest.com then make an appointment with the doctor and say, Help Me, I want to get this right this time. (Many WLS patients stop going to the doctor because the gain weight, or stop losing weight and become embarrassed and than days and months go by and a few pounds ends up into 20 or 30 pounds or back where they started) So go back to the doctor and face the music.

Second; I would start writing everything down.

Third: Take your picture and post it on your fridge, over you visor in the car, on your mirror and somewhere at work.

Fourth: Do some positive affirmations, you have to believe in yourself to be successful.

You can do this, you have the tool but you need to be committed to this and really WANT this, it is not about will power but WANT power, you have to WANT to be thinner than the people who support you and you have to commit to living a healthy life style. This is not a diet but a way of life and it takes time, dedication and commitment.

If you want help we are here for you but only you can start the process and not continue to allow food to be in control!

Good luck and willing to support you if you really want help!

There's nothing I can add to what these wonderful ladies have said.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I'm 2 years out alo, and for me It WAS, and IS a piece of cake...because I have a tight band with good restriction....very little commitment on my part, other than not keeping up with my Dr visits....if I did not have good restriction, then it would be a struggle because then I would have to diet and count calories...which I have never done......I let the band do it all....

You say you have 8.5cc in a 10 cc band.....have you ever had good restriction to the point where it is IMPOSSIBLE to overeat?

You say you can eat everything and anything.....sounds as though you don't have a band at all! But if you have 8.5cc as you say, then there is something wrong.....a leak? A herniated pouch? A slipped band?

Are you a diabetic? Diabetics have high pain threshold due to nerve issues, and possible problems with the band can go undetected.

I had a heart attack and never felt anything because I am / was a diabetc.

I have 7.5cc in a 10cc band, and 2 years out I still find it impossible to overeat.....and my hunger and cravings are non-existant....all characteristics of being in th "Green Zone"

8.5cc in a 10cc band, you must feel something.....