Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a fat free strawberry yogurt yesterday and a raspberry fat free one the day before. I am in a panic cause I just saw someone post you can't have berries. I don't recall my nutritionist or surgeon ever mentioning it to me. Did I screw up royally? I am 11 days post op and was instructed I could have yogurt. Please help!

I eat berries... I just Try not to eat the seeds

I eat berries... I just Try not to eat the seeds

But I didn't see any seeds cause it was the blended kind. There were no fruit pieces to be seen. What happens if you have seeds? Why are they so bad for us?

I had a fat free strawberry yogurt yesterday and a raspberry fat free one the day before. I am in a panic cause I just saw someone post you can't have berries. I don't recall my nutritionist or surgeon ever mentioning it to me. Did I screw up royally? I am 11 days post op and was instructed I could have yogurt. Please help!

Waaaaaaah! How are you able to have yogurts and I'm still on liquids? No fair!! Lol idk what's up with the berries! I'm concerned too!!

Waaaaaaah! How are you able to have yogurts and I'm still on liquids? No fair!! Lol idk what's up with the berries! I'm concerned too!!

I have only been on yogurt for 3 days. Still doing the nasty. (Protein shakes)

I can't have Mushies till Wednesday. I was trying to plan what I can have..how does this sound?

Some Refried Beans, a little bit of rice and low fat sour cream and salsa? I want to add some ground turkey but don't know yet? I also bought tuna, eggs and I'm afraid to have cheese. Irk why but I feel like cheese wouldn't process well with me.

Btw how much have you lost?

From what my dr told me fruit skins and seeds do not digest well.... And I find it to be true. If I eat a peach or apple with the skin on it I can bring it back up an hour later...no vomiting just comes back in my throat

When I eat a berry whole I just eat the inside.

I doubt here were seeds in your yogurt if there were no fruit pieces

I'm not certain how you would be able to eat berries and not eat the seeds...but berries of all sorts were on my surgeon's list of allowed foods. I initially post band did avoid eating the skins of fruits such as apples and grapes, however I am able to tolerate them now with 9+ months post op.

I've continued to eat berries often, and have not experienced any adverse effects from either the berries or the seeds.

As with all questions which concern you related to health and well being, it's always best to discuss this with your surgeon or their medical team. Remember, each one of us is an individual, and we will not have identical tolerances for foods. I wouldn't worry about the berries, especially if no seeds were visible.

I can't have Mushies till Wednesday. I was trying to plan what I can have..how does this sound?

Some Refried Beans, a little bit of rice and low fat sour cream and salsa? I want to add some ground turkey but don't know yet? I also bought tuna, eggs and I'm afraid to have cheese. Irk why but I feel like cheese wouldn't process well with me.

Btw how much have you lost?

Be aware of your carb gram intake...post op while you are healing, you need to be certain that you have enough Protein first. Refried Beans and rice are high in carbs...

Be aware of your carb gram intake...post op while you are healing' date=' you need to be certain that you have enough Protein first. Refried Beans and rice are high in carbs...[/quote']

Thanks! Is it hard to eat rice? Like, it swells up right? My doctor told me to eat Refried Beans for the Protein too, and I'm still having my shakes in the am.

Thanks! Is it hard to eat rice? Like' date=' it swells up right? My doctor told me to eat Refried Beans for the Protein too, and I'm still having my shakes in the am.[/quote']

Like the refrained Beans that come in the can from Old El Paso?

I didn't start eating rice until several months out and I try to only eat brown rice. Like 1/8 to 1/4 cup. Remember you should now be eating for nutrition not as much pleasure. Make wise choices since you can only eat a small amount.

Regarding mushies, I agree that you need to find Protein mushies like humus, refried Beans, cottage cheese, mashed fish, etc.

Thanks! Is it hard to eat rice? Like, it swells up right? My doctor told me to eat Refried Beans for the Protein too, and I'm still having my shakes in the am.

I cannot eat rice. Well I can eat it but 90% of the time it comes back or prevents me from eating anything else. Other people on here can eat without trouble. But I am not sure I would eat rice yet... You may want to check with the dr first.

Like the refrained Beans that come in the can from Old El Paso?

Ya canned Refried Beans. The 3 things my doc mentioned about Mushies was those, eggs and tuna. So I thought I'd better incorporate those somehow

I didn't start eating rice until several months out and I try to only eat brown rice. Like 1/8 to 1/4 cup. Remember you should now be eating for nutrition not as much pleasure. Make wise choices since you can only eat a small amount.

Regarding mushies, I agree that you need to find Protein mushies like humus, refried Beans, cottage cheese, mashed fish, etc.

Humus, huh? I've never tried humus, but I know a lot of people who love it. What do you like to put it on for a healthy snack? I'm getting banded on the 21st and looking for mushie ideas after the first week of shakes and broth.

thanks!