Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need your advise

Windex. Put some Windex on it. Windex fixes everything. ;)

I crack up every time I open this thread and read this post! Windex! Now I run around the house cleaning saying "Windex! Put some Windex on it!" and laugh at myself. Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for the giggle.

Now, :focus:

Trish,

Without going back through old threads, please refresh my failing memory as to HOW your leak was found?

Trish,

Without going back through old threads, please refresh my failing memory as to HOW your leak was found?

My Dr. put in over two bottles of saline Water in me still no restriction.... this was after my port was replaced. So therefore we thought none other then the band... During the prt replacement he replaced most if not all of the tubing so that was the case. he put over 15ccs in my 10cm band which would of closed me off completely and still nothing.. I could feel it. just my luck eh...

Okay I have been on Antibiotics for 6 days now today is day 7... Does this thing look any better???

Reminder: the infection looks a lot bigger then it really is... it is almost as big as a dime... but still not quite. (thats all i knew to compare it too)

post-204265-13813133132575_thumb.jpg

ahhh - nope! Doesnt look good enough for me to give you a free & clear pass.

I didnt like it on the 10th - and even though it looks a weeeee (and I do mean tee-tiny) bit smaller and less red today, I still dont like the way it looks. :)

Did the doctor say it was staphe?

Doesn't look good to me either, I've been thinking about you and you've got me worried.

Please consult the doctor again.

Trish, yikes, that does NOT look good. Are you prone to difficult healing with wounds? I mean, does this happen to you often?

Is your doctor at all concerned that this is not resolving? I know that whenever I've had an infection and taken antibiotics, the problem clears up right away. This would make me extremely nervous.

Good luck and please let us know what your doctor says. :hug:

Wow, Trish! I dime sized infection is HUGE! I'm so sorry you're going through this and hope you're able to get this cleared up very quickly.

Take care of yourself and go see your band doc. Just sit yourself down on his doorstep 'til you get some answers.

I'll be thinking about you,

Trish, I know its difficult, but I dont like all the problems youve had with youre band doctor. Seems like this journey has been one thing after another - now THIS?

Im thinking you need to find a NEW band doctor - maybe someone closer to your home???

Most of the time surgeons will take on patients that are having troubles (because it could pose a risk to their health). Do you have any type of bariatric surgeon closer to you?

Girl, Im sending you all the love and prayers - you cant possibly imagine how much!

If you have any infection brewing it has the potential to lead to erosion. I SHOULD KNOW!! LISA (DELARLA) SHOULD KNOW!!

Please don't take it lying down. DON'T wait almost a month to get something done. My surgeon had me in surgery within a week of finding out my issues. He had me in surgery to remove the band within HOURS of finding out my erosion.

Any infection needs to be treated aggressively pronto. Any port infection needs to have the port removed (most likely that is the source of the infection) and have the surrounding tissue healed prior to any further surgery. Yes that most likely means an open wound that you will need to pack but that is the only way it will heal. Sepsis can set in fast and there are new critters mutating every day that become immune to all our great antibiotics. So don't treat an infection lightly. If you are not getting answers from your doc ask him to explain why he is waiting.

Why isn't taking the port or band out and letting your area heal first before putting a new port or band back into an infected area worth exploring?

What are the chances that this port or band would become infected too?

What are the chances this might lead to an erosion?

Get him to explain his answer in detail. If not then why not?

Please be informed. I don't want any of you to lose your bands or ports.

PLEASE ask the hard questions. And don't be afraid or timid to get some answers.

Trish, please know I love you and want you to be healthy. This area does not look improved to me at all. Treating something like this topically with creams will only heal the surface. IT won't touch the real issue. Which could be your port.

Here is my theory on this. Let's say you have an infection brewing around your port. The doc accesses your port to give you a fill. He has to stick the needle through the skin and into the infected area and then into your port. He has successfully just transfered an infection into your port and tubing as he entered the port then he has successfully spread the infection as he is exiting the skin. That is why you have an infection now at the site.

Sorry if I offended you but I want you to get more aggressive about this.

I will be calling my band Dr tomorrow. Just to give you an idea of how big it is... the infection/hole area is about as big as the head of a thumb tack.. then the redness is around that.

As I look at the size it didnt compare to Lisa's infected area.... my husband gave me a good idea I will take a picture of it holding a dime next to it... I will add it after Im done...

Okay here it is

post-204265-13813133135494_thumb.jpg

No I dont have a band Dr. that is any closer.. There is a few a bit closer in ElPaso... but... I dont know. I am just going to see what happens

Trish, I know its difficult, but I dont like all the problems youve had with youre band doctor. Seems like this journey has been one thing after another - now THIS?

Im thinking you need to find a NEW band doctor - maybe someone closer to your home???

Most of the time surgeons will take on patients that are having troubles (because it could pose a risk to their health). Do you have any type of bariatric surgeon closer to you?

Girl, Im sending you all the love and prayers - you cant possibly imagine how much!

GOOD NEWS!!!! I am going to go see my band Dr. Friday... I am scouring for change to make the trip but it is well needed!!! woohoo finally I got something done! until then...........

I just took a big breath of relief.

Yes, that IS good news. I know this is a hard and tiring trip - but its the cost of your overall health that is MOST expensive.

Good move, Girl!

About the size of the infection...

whether its the size of a pencil tip - OR a dime, there is still an infection too close to your port to NOT worry about.

If this would be on your toe, arm, face - then that wouldnt be as alraming to the band.

But this "dime" sized spot could be a canyon inside.

Thank you for calling your doc! :clap2:

I feel really bad. Anyway they called me today from my Dr. to change the time just in case they have to take out my port. Well I told her about the size of the infection and she acted like it was no big deal. Maybe I am making it out to be worse then it is.... I dont know what to do now.. I guess I will drive up to CO and see what happens, I really hope this trip will not be a waste of time and money which I wam really squeezing right now to do this. I am just a little upset right now. Thanks for letting me vent over this