Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfill first time

This is the first time I feel like I'm a failure. I know this is the nature of the beast (I prefer to call it beauty) of lapband. I've been having shoulder blade pains, belching like a trucker, and some stuck episodes on the easiest food.< /p>

Oops continued. So after ultrasound of innards look normal, I have come to the conclusion that my body needs better nutrition, less reflux or pain, among a few issues. I wanted to deny it but after family has noticed and I don't like too much restriction, it's time. He will see me this afternoon to determine what we do. I'm a little scared...of unfill and of gaining. I've lost 16 solid pounds in 3 weeks. Should be happy but not sure if healthy. Need all advice, encouragement, I'm a little sensitive today.

Would like to add...I live my band and I'm 10 pounds to goal no regrets...just wanting to keep safe and healthy.

I unfilled my band two months ago because I was experiencing the same exact things you mention in your post. I gained 20 lbs. Just went back in and had it filled to 2 cc's so ..... hopefully I can get those 20 lbs off and then some. My head just wasn't there and no restriction for two months really did get my head back into the game. Well, actually it was the gaining of the 20 lbs that did that, but I wouldn't have gained if I hadn't unfilled. I don't know how else I could have got my head back in the lap band world, I tried many times unsuccessfully before the unfill. Gaining weight really gives you the push you need. I wish I hadn't let it go so long but I am back in full force now and maybe it will be just what I needed to lose the 20 + more.

Good luck with your unfill! My advice is keep a REALLY close eye on any weight gain and don't wait until you're up to 20 lbs to go back in to see your doctor.

be careful the first thing zI thought of after reading your post is you want the Christmas goodies and that is why the unfil...but probably not that would have been my reason. No need to be in pain I glad you are talking to doctor about it. GL this is a hard place to be.

I just got back. My surgeon took 1/4cc out and wants me to call him Monday. Ill be on liquids for next couple days. Thank you so much for the advice and words of wisdom. If I'm eating healthy again I should be able to get back on my exercise regimen which I had neglected for the past few weeks. My biggest fear of course is gaining. I will do my best to make healthy choices. Not a big fan of Christmas goodies...will stay cautious though. Just tonight, that pinched nerve feeling is subsiding in my back. Still sore but no belching while drinking liquids. I hope I made the right decision for the next month. I was definitely in the red zone... Just in denial. Those who are feeling that way, don't compromise your health or band by staying in red zone. He told me "this is why the band is made...to let you know when it needs adjusted". Love my surgeon, good listener, helps me solve my own conflicts by inquiry. Will see how the next few weeks go. Thx u

I was too tight a couple of months ago. Ever since my sought unfill I have been perfect. For me perfect turns out to be a little looser than many bandsters. I have lost weight since then and have been able to keep up my exercise routine with no problems. My little tight episode has shown me what is not right for me. I was getting stuck at least one a day. Now it is a rare occurrence. One thing that helps me stay on course is my fitness pal app. I log everything I eat and keep honest about it. If I ate a bunch of chocolate because I made hot chocolate I don't lie about it. I know just how Much I ate every day. I also weigh myself regularly to avoid any gains. Doing those things and keeping a slightly loose band has made me happy. Tracking your food may be a good tool for you too. If you are on my fitness Paul add me as a friend. My name is the same there.

I just got completely unfilled due to a terrible stomach virus and swelling. I'm scared to death about gaining. But in a couple of weeks will have an upper gi and get re-filled. Like you, I believe I was too tight prior to the virus. I plan to be very careful about how much Fluid is added back. Best of luck to you!

Thanks and yes I use My Fitness Pal and love it! Feeling great tonight. Just got back from Golds Gym. 15 min stair climber and 30 minutes of treadmill just to start out slow. Amazing how unfill just a tiny bit changed my energy and overall feeling of wellness. Thx for support:)