Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused About Fill/no Fills And Restriction

I have only been banded for a week and my doctor does not do fill until 4-6 weeks which is fine. I keep hearing about new banders that have problems with getting food/water down. Am I correct that we dont have any "restriction" untl we get a fill? How dramatic is the change when you get your first fill?

Zero change/restriction on my first fill or my second fill..........I have my third fill in 2 weeks so am hoping to get a bit of restriction. Everyone is different, some people have lost alot of weight and have never had a fill. My clinic is very conservative in fills so I will probably take longer.

good luck and congrats.

I have been banded since oct. 25th. I have an empty band and have restriction. And can't eat certain foods. Mostly Pasta. But I can finish a taco if its crunchy lol. I find the crunchier the foods (that aren't veggies) the more I can eat and the easier it goes down.

I got 4 cc's put in at surgery but so far havent had any trouble eating anything. I havent tried any bread and im scared to..lol. Im losing weight so im not sure that i will get a fill on my first visit on thursday.

Everyone is diffrent. I am a little over 5 months out and just got restriction. I had my first fill at 4 weeks post op. My 5th fill and I am there. I stay full, it takes me the 30 min to eat and I can eat no more than a cup. Before this I just made myself stick to the rules, now my band has kicked in.

People get miconceived about restriction. Its not about the amount you can eat its about curbing your hunger for four hours on small amounts of food because even the tightest of bands can eat around it. You're. Looking. For being satisfied

You have some restriction becase the band has to make the new stomach which only permits you to eat 2-3 ozs. at a time!