Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Virtiouswoman

Why do you want a fill, you body is still healing from surgery? You need this time to prepare yourself for the new eating style. There is no rush to success here. Stay calm and follow doctor's orders!

Why do you want a fill' date=' you body is still healing from surgery? You need this time to prepare yourself for the new eating style. There is no rush to success here. Stay calm and follow doctor's orders![/quote']

Your right, I'm so excited about my new band! I haven't had any problems drinking or keeping my food down. I have lost at total of 30lbs so far from my pre op and the post op. I was just wondering if I had any saline in my band. Since things are going so good. Thanks so much CHEZNOEL for the good advice

Your right, I'm so excited about my new band! I haven't had any problems drinking or keeping my food down. I have lost at total of 30lbs so far from my pre op and the post op. I was just wondering if I had any saline in my band. Since things are going so good. Thanks so much CHEZNOEL for the good advice

Some doctors do put some Fluid in at the time of surgery but most do not. Cheznoel is correct you need to relax and another bit of advice do not get all caught up in how much fluid is in your band, focus more on how you respond to the band. Everyone is different on the amount of fluid needed to reach their personal greenzone. Good luck.

Some doctors do put some Fluid in at the time of surgery but most do not. Cheznoel is correct you need to relax and another bit of advice do not get all caught up in how much fluid is in your band' date=' focus more on how you respond to the band. Everyone is different on the amount of fluid needed to reach their personal greenzone. Good luck.[/quote']

Thanks so much for the advice! I just want to do everything like I'm suppose to. I will focus more on the band to make sure all is going good with my new band. I don't know what I would do with out this site, that lets me reach out to other going thru the same thing I'm going thru. Thanks to"["❤LovetheNewMe❤"]

Congrats on your new journey. At the time of Surgery my surgeon put 4.8 Mls in my band and my first fill was at three weeks post op. he put in .8 Mls then I was getting a full every two weeks but they were never more than .5 Mls. Some weeks it was .3 Mls. Some weeks it was frustrating and I was like well why can't I have more so I can get to greenzone quicker. My band answered for me. Some weeks I'd get a fill and wouldn't feel any different and then bang a week later I had more restriction. So I was glad they only did small fills at a time. It took about 8 fills to get me too 7.8mls in my 14cc band and I've been in the greenzone for a while but just started to notice this week I may have just slipped out of it and need a little top up which ill be getting done next week.

It's a frustrating process but as the others said be patient and take the steps needed to keep reinforcing your eating rules.

Best wishes to you !

How soon can you get a fill. Can it be sooner than a month post op..

well, fills are to aid you in eating less but you can begin now to eating better and using Portion Control and eating

your allotted amounts before the fills start. i have no fills yet but am eating as if i am at full restriction. dont want for that magical fill to solve your problems. def more a mental game than anything else. as the b's grammy and love said, what is the rush? go one day at a day....allow the band to work and you help it. you will do just fine. congrats on the starting of this new journey you are on