Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anybody else out there failed to lose weight with the band or am I the first?

How long have you been banded?

Almost 3 months, in the first 3 weeks post op I lost 15 pounds & nothing since, my doc can't understand it & neither can I, I average 1000 calories a day, excersise at least 1/2 hr a day & can't lose anything, I would lose a lot more weight on diets consuming a lot more calories previously. I have given up & accepted the fact that the bands not for everyone.

I personally think its a little soon to give up unless you really want to stay fat. If thats the case I am sorry for you.

You say you are eating 1000 calories. How do you know this? Are you tracking the calorie count of everything you put in your mouth? Are you measuing portions? Are you drinking 8 glasses of Water a day?

If you are exercising and eating 1000 calories of food and beverages there may be a medical reason you arent losing weight and I would explore that avenue with your family Dr or your surgeon because its common knowledge if you take in less calories than you burn you will lose weight.

Hi Renz,

Just wondering if you are tracking your everything you eat? You would be surprised what nutrients we need to adjust when we start losing and then our weight comes to a stall. Example: I was losing weight steadily not changing a thing, until the beginning of October I lost nothing for that entire month. I adjusted my carbs (I was taking in about 120) daily, as soon as I adjusted my carb intake, the weight started to come off again.

A few other things you can look into such as, are you taking any new medications? Have you any problems in the past with your thyroid? What about your sodium intake, are you eating too much of it? Getting in enough of Protein? What about your fat grams a day?

I know this is a lot to absorb all at once, but believe me tracking is beneficial and has proven to be effective. Honestly, if I didn't track my foods I would not be losing any weight at all.

Don't give up!! first and foremost, you didn't have this surgery for nothing! If you have done everything I have listed and then some, maybe your right and the band just doesnt work for you, but don't fail to overlook something you haven't before you throw your hands up!

Lastly, you should be proud of yourself for losing the 15lbs and keeping it off! That alone is a great accomplishment! Your calorie intake is very good, try uping your calories (give it a week) YOU need to jump start your metabolisim again. Fat grams should be no more than 30 grams per day. Carbs keep it to a minimum and be very careful, they are very sneaky! I can't give you a magic number for carbs because I am still adjusting mine every week. Do you know how many carbs you are eating per day??

If you have any questions, feel free to email me,

And Floridays is right, you need to measure. I measure everything! Yes, drinking Water - drink a lot of it!

how many fills have your had? do you get hungry? change your exercise a bit. what did you do when you did loss weight that you doing no. go on a liquid diet for a week. I exersice 6 days a week for a hour but eat 800 cals a day and loss only 2 lbs a week on average. Tracker everything food, water, exersies don't give up

And Floridays is right, you need to measure. I measure everything! Yes, drinking Water - drink a lot of it!

Yes I think next to tracking calories this is key. 3 oz or protien, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 c starch / carbs at every meal.

so have you lost *inches or bought smaller clothes? if so, then its working.

dont claim the band isnt working or that you are doing all you can, if that is the case, then you need to go to your dr and get their advisement. and dont take (i dont know why as an answer).

Because if you are exercising, eating your allotted (cup of food per meal) then something else is going on.

agree with FL, if you give up now, you will stay where you are and get bigger. do you really want that?

In your past post's you say you were banded on 10/4. That's two months ago! You haven't even given the band a chance. Looks like you won't give the band and yourself a chance. It's hard work, did you know this going into the journey?

Do what the girls above have suggessted and you'll see some sort of results. But when the brain gives up it's incredibly hard to reboot. I know, I've been there.

2 months having had the band and already giving up...yes, that is sad.

The band work for the people that make it work.... getting a band on doesn't mean that we will automatically loose all the weight we want it means we were ready to start loosing the weight with sacrifices stopping everything that will got us here. The band is an instrument of help but you need to know how to use it. We have been bless that we have the support on this site of people that have gone through it all.... sit down and research the band can't do it alone it needs your help. We all can tell you what had work for us..... but we cant tell you what will work for you. If you are ready for the hard journey you are in then get on the wagon and work if not then remove band. Sorry

Carolyn