Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting To Hate Chicken... Already :-(

My doc has me on meat, cheese and eggs for the first few weeks after surgery. Yay for protein! This morning I put chicken thighs (bc they're moist) in a slow cooker. For Breakfast, I blended chicken with miracle whip and some broth for mush. No bueno. For lunch I blended chicken and cheese with chicken broth. It was okay. For dinner I blended chicken with gravy... In retrospect I'm not sure this was my brightest move. It wasn't a good taste to me at all. I think my band has caused me to fall out of love with chicken :-( I was fine eating it during pre-op diet. Has this happend to anyone else? I think I'm going to do eggs and cheese tomorrow...

Honestly, chicken is my least favorite protien!! I am by no means a vegetarian, but I plan on sticking with soft and moist fish after my surgery, soft boiled eggs, etc. Good luck, just think that it sucks for you but others are ANXIOUS to get there!!

Good luck =)

After surgery, there were things I fell out of love with... Protein Drinks, no matter what brand, I couldn't stand! It's slowly coming back now though. Maybe give it a while and Take chicken out of your diet...? I don't know why it happens, but you are not alone :)

Try blending it with different things. I found some SF buffalo sauce so I blended some with that, a laughing cow blue cheese, and a little bit of FF ranch. I have also been blending it with refried Beans and salsa.

What about turkey meatballs or veggie burgers? Greek yogurt is also a great source of Protein.

Thanks everyone.

Mega my doc has allowed meat cheese and eggs only so no veggies or yogurt for me. I could try the buffalo sauce though... But maybe its just what Think is saying. I just can't stand pureed chicken?

ChicagoRose thanks for helping me put things in perspective ;-)

Thanks everyone.

Mega my doc has allowed meat cheese and eggs only so no veggies or yogurt for me. I could try the buffalo sauce though... But maybe its just what Think is saying. I just can't stand pureed chicken?

ChicagoRose thanks for helping me put things in perspective ;-)

Have you thought about low fat deviled ham? I believe you get it in the canned chicken/tuna aisle at the grocery store and its spreadable. I remember my mother use to make sandwiches from it. Maybe since that's already made to eat it might taste ok? I'm a few days away from mushey foods so guess I better start thinking about it. Also what about tuna with lemon juice mashed real fine? That might be good too.

Google chicken recipes. I make some killer hot wings on the grill now.

Also a cream of chicken Soup with minced chicken is good too.

Pork is something my doc said to steer clear of (I personally slime when I eat ham) I haven't tried the canned ham but I might give it a shot since is already mushied :)

Richgirl I'll have to look for that. I had scrambled eggs with cheese this morning and mashed them with a fork. Amazing! Lol

Texas I can't have Soups. Another reminder that every doc is different!