Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Excercise 10 Wks In

OK guys go easy on me, was told not to do any for 6wks,I am 54yrs i have, blood presure colestrol on meds, I know you don't want to hear it, but life work family grand kid,extra, shopping, housework. I am no diffrent to you all , we have dark cold nights at 5pm in UK. Also not much monies for gym, so this is were you guys come in suggestions please be gental ....

Maybe you make it a family thing every night after dinner...........1hr walking, in the cold and dark. Park in the farthest spot away from the shops, get a video to play on the television for 45 min/day. If your family, grandkids, husband cannont give you 1hr to yourself, then there are bigger problems then not exercising. I find it hard to believe that you are busy every waking moment, you really do have to commit to exercise, it is not fun, it is a job, but you have to make the time. Perhaps there is a local walking group, or community pool. I would guess there are alot of options out there if you go looking.

I walk during my lunch for 45min 3-4x a week. That is what help me stay on track. I have a ski machine at home, so if I don't get the chance to walk at work I use that, somtimes both. Since it's so cold where you are, look for a used treadmill at a low cost or post at the grocery store that you are looking for cheap equipment, you never know what you might find. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

OK guys go easy on me, was told not to do any for 6wks,I am 54yrs i have, blood presure colestrol on meds, I know you don't want to hear it, but life work family grand kid,extra, shopping, housework. I am no diffrent to you all , we have dark cold nights at 5pm in UK. Also not much monies for gym, so this is were you guys come in suggestions please be gental ....

I didn't exercise during my journey. Well not much to speak of anyway. I started walking in the evenings after the first hundred lbs came off and that's all I have done. However I did try to be more active which wasn't hard since I had a lot of energy. I am forever doi g something in and around my home because I too have a lot of responsibility besides working 50 hrs a week.

Going to the gym doesn't thrill me and i dont like to wak alone in the dark so i picked up a used treadmill so I can walk inside.

One of the reasons I kept my calorie count at 1000 was because I didn't exercise. I averaged 10 lbs each month for 22 months.

So now I am maintaining.... And with the treadmill I should have no excuse not to walk..ie weather, time, responsibility. I am working on it. :)

What I do sometimes.. I put on some music.. and I dance around non top while cleaning and doing things around the house.. shake the booty.. its fun.. and it will make you feel happy! and your husband will love to see it! hehe

Maybe you make it a family thing every night after dinner...........1hr walking, in the cold and dark. Park in the farthest spot away from the shops, get a video to play on the television for 45 min/day. If your family, grandkids, husband cannont give you 1hr to yourself, then there are bigger problems then not exercising. I find it hard to believe that you are busy every waking moment, you really do have to commit to exercise, it is not fun, it is a job, but you have to make the time. Perhaps there is a local walking group, or community pool. I would guess there are alot of options out there if you go looking.

She said please go easy!

I wouldn't send my mother out in the cold and dark for many reasons!

There are ways to ease into it..

You can do floor type exercises like lunges, crunches, leg lifts etc etc which you can find free online and write a few down.

You can also try skipping with a rope - that burns a LOT of calories. Also maybe an aerobics video.

You don't need to rush into 45 mins a day, start by doing 20 mins. Then after a few weeks if you feel ok, increase that to 25, then 30 and so on.

My girlfriend is a personal trainer and she often says people fail when they try to do too much too soon and can't keep up.

The best success i had with working out and healthy living was doing 30 mins a day 3-4 days a week. When you aren't doing it everyday, you put in more effort when you do have to do it.

The times where i was doing 1 hr a day 6-7 days a week i was completely burnt out and put off and wouldn't be putting 100% into it as it got very tedious. Especially if you aren't used to it.

Some people are naturally active or come from active backgrounds so it's a different story for them

Good luck!!!

She said please go easy!

I believe I prefaced it with.........make it a family thing.........bring your family with you walking.

~hugs~ I can understand the busy days ....

I walk when I take my kids to sports practices..if its in town I walk around the blocks.....if its at church I walk laps around the parking lot...just any time I would usually just sit and watch I walk......I also added a stationary bike to my living room...I dont care how it looks or how much room it takes up.....the kids ride it for a few mins here and there while watching TV.....just fit a lil in here and there...Good Luck !

I believe I prefaced it with.........make it a family thing.........bring your family with you walking.

I meant all this too..

"If your family, grandkids, husband cannont give you 1hr to yourself, then there are bigger problems then not exercising. I find it hard to believe that you are busy every waking moment, you really do have to commit to exercise,"

How about an exercise video, there are so many out there for different ages, fitness levels etc, your grand kids can even join in with you. If you afford it hire out a treadmill that way you can walk whenever you have a few spare minutes, even ten min walks a few times a day is beneficial. I only walk, outside if weather is good and on my treadmill if weather is bad or I've been too busy during the day so I jump on at night time. I don't like the gym either it always kills my back but so far walking/ running has been enough for me.

Just as other aspects of embracing a healthier lifestyle, exercise is one of the core values which come with that health. I raised 3 sons, worked full time, and for 3.5 years was also in school full time at the graduate level, all at the same time.

Yet I still scheduled daily exercise into my day/evening and made it a priority. Why??? Because it helped to keep me sane through it all...exercise tends to energize you as it creates the "feel good" neurotransmitters referred to as endorphins.

I previously used a treadmill, then after a serious car accident changed to a recumbent stationary exercise bike. Now I have orthopedic issues which temporarily don't allow for me to pedal the bike, so I add extra steps in the house. I intentionally make extra trips from the laundry room to the bedrooms. If carrying groceries into the kitchen from the garage, I make additional trips by carrying only one bag at a time.

I'm not happy with my current physical limitations, and I'm diligently working to have them resolved surgically.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you choose to accept exercise is a high priority for you, then you will make the time for it...it's a wonderful way to keep both your body and mind healthy and happy. Scheduling 30 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week should not be difficult.

Best wishes for your success...

She said please go easy!

That is what I was thinking! There is no "bigger issue" if your family can't give you an hour!

I work full time, school full time, three kids, hubby, and father in law just moved in. I understand completely! Do what you can, even if its hardly anything!

I have no children but work very long hours, so does my husband. I understand nit having time. By the time I get home from work I'm worn out and its cold and dark out to walk.