Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didnt Get Banded Yesterday :(

Right before I went in the surgery room one of the doctors read my labs. He notice my TSH levels where to high so I couldn't get banded. I was a total mess. I couldn't stop crying :( The main doctor was so upset at his staff for not reading my lab results a month ago when I did them. It was horrible!!! The doctor gave me $300 in GC for their mistake.

I am so sorry for your disappointment. What are ths levels?

Is there a chance of a future surgery if your levels change?

TSH is a test for thyroid issues ... I just wonder why that would prevent surgery.

I am sorry your day was spoiled..hopefully they can get it under control and band you at a future date.in the meantime you can still eat like a bandster.... And lose weight as you get into some good habits many of us struggle with early on,

I am so sorry for your disappointment. What are ths levels?

Is there a chance of a future surgery if your levels change?

The doctor told me my TSH level is 80%. It's high. Hopefully they go down so I could get my lap band.

I work in a Lab and if that Tsh is up or to low they will cancel n e surgery a friend had a knee replacement surgery and Tsh was too low they pushed the surgery back almost a month

I work I'm a Lab and have seen plenty of surgery cancelled because of elevated Tsh or low Tsh. Don't worry they will take care if the problem and u will n on Ur way to Ur new life. Delayed doesn't mean Denied. :) don't worry

What a disappointment. This is a time when you have to believe that everything happens for a reason.

You will be on your way as soon as they correct the problem. Anytime you go to surgery your labs have to be ok or they will cancel them. That is why I always ask for a copy before I have any procedures done. Then I know what I am facing. Good luck in the future.

Sounds lije you have a caring and cautious doctor. The staff needs the kick in the pants.

Good luck!!!!!!

What Banjo saId. I hope you are back on track soon! How disappointing. But... as stated use the tie to start eating like you were banded and get a head start on the weight loss!

I'm sorry that happened. Being 7 days out from my surgery I know how focused you had to have been on success, strength, etc.. Please don't get discouraged. Look at this hiccup as allowing you to be even MORE ready and extra set up for success.

Also, thank you so much for sharing your story. It prompted me to get on the phone to confirm that my blood work indeed was okay. :unsure: