Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sigh, waiting is PAINFUL!

Paulax, I know you are very excited, why can't you move the date up? Is it an insurance issue? money issue?

Ha, I'll be fine. It's a Canadian issue. We are self pay and on the West Coast, and there is but one very busy surgeon. I think another popped up but I haven't persued info on him. Besides this one has more experience.

Other than that, I'd have to go to the East Coast, and with a working husband and 3 young kids, that is not a possibility.

Sigh, so I will just watch the incredible shrinking you-alls, and get my inspiration here.

never mind me, just feeling sorry for myself here. :straight

Hi Paulax --

I know how you feel. My date is June 9th. I wished I could have gotten it sooner but my personal schedule would not permit it. It almost feels like I am a kid on Christmas Eve --just waiting to open presents.

We can wait together

Melissa Lea

I am waiting too... My date is July 12th. I must wait due to work schedule (I am a teacher). I really want the band in sooner, but with 6 weeks to go can't lose a day to get something into those teenagers thick skulls.

We need a new "On the bridge to bandland" thread... Or maybe "waiting to exhale" thread...

I have however started to change my habits to try and get ready. No drinking during meals, Protein first, no carbs, etc. Although I eat too much it is a start!

Poodles, I have started to try to change my habits too. The worst one so far and it surpirses me is giving up my diet pop. I actually CRAVED a diet vanilla Coke the other day. None in the house, the craving passed, but it sure surprised me.

I am also a teacher, but home with 3 kids and not too much in a hurry to go back. ha!

My dear friend of many years, a middle school principal, had her operation on July 12 and I am happy to report that she has lost over 100 pounds and looks AWSOME! She was glad to have most of the summer off to recoup.

Keep in touch all us Waiters.

I must keep tea made to stay away from the soda. Decaf with Splenda over a lot of ice...yum! Water bottles have become my friend too. I have timed it so that I drink a diet shake for Breakfast 6:30, start drinking Water at 7:30 drink until 10:30, eat lunch at 11:30, drink more water from 12:30-4:30, eat around 5:30, and then start drinking again around 6:30. The only problem is going to the RR during the day.... Not too hard to get in 80 ounces when you stick to a schedule!

July will be here before we know it. I am just excited about Prom. I will have my picture made in my size 28 prom dress... and this will be the last year for me to wear it! Next year, I hope to see a size 18!