Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys, I'm new in here and just have a question.. I had surgery a week ago and am still really sore. Im okay when in just sitting there or even walking but it hurts really bad to get up and down. I guess I was just wondering if that's normal and about how long it took all you to heal. Well, thanks and this is an awesome site :)

OMG, I hurt so bad to bend especially taking a shower etc. and trying to shave my legs, lol, I can't tell you how bad that hurt especially at the port site. Thought I would never feel normal. I was slow healing but I guess about day 10 I was feeling pretty good, back to normal. Just keep up the walking and moving around yet get plenty of rest so that you can heal. Congrats on your journey. I go in tomorrow for a slight unfill. We are all here for you!

Hey Kristin! Yes it's normal to be sore to get up and down, some take a bit longer to heal up. I had the same problem, was always sore getting up and down.. it lasted a few days, maybe a week and then one day it was just SOOO much better. I couldn't bend over for over a week but it wasn't too bad. I slept in my recliner for a week hehe.

It will get better.. and congrats on your on your way to a new you! or the you that was always there just in hiding. *hugs*! good luck hun!

Hey Kristin! Yes it's normal to be sore to get up and down' date=' some take a bit longer to heal up. I had the same problem, was always sore getting up and down.. it lasted a few days, maybe a week and then one day it was just SOOO much better. I couldn't bend over for over a week but it wasn't too bad. I slept in my recliner for a week hehe.

It will get better.. and congrats on your on your way to a new you! or the you that was always there just in hiding. *hugs*! good luck hun![/quote']

Thanks so much! I feel better being able to talk to people who have been through it :) and as for the recliner thing... I hear ya. I'm still on the couch cuz the bed is too high up an it hurt lol. Thanks again :)

Thanks so much! I feel better being able to talk to people who have been through it :) and as for the recliner thing... I hear ya. I'm still on the couch cuz the bed is too high up an it hurt lol. Thanks again :)

lol, kristin, I don't mean to laugh but I can remember that my bed was too high and I had this 2 step step stool I had gotten out to get up on my bed because I was too sore to get myself up on the darn thing. I feel ya girl. Hang in there! Night

It will get better. I promise. One day you will just not feel it. Congrats on your new life.

Yes, and around day 5 or 6 i felt the shoulder pain. But as others say, it will get better, and, i just want to remind you to walk as much as ossible. It will help with the gas pains, and stomach muscles. Walk upright, try not to slouch. The muscles need to be stretched. Best wishes. Karen

Hey guys, I'm new in here and just have a question.. I had surgery a week ago and am still really sore. Im okay when in just sitting there or even walking but it hurts really bad to get up and down. I guess I was just wondering if that's normal and about how long it took all you to heal. Well, thanks and this is an awesome site :)

yes, on day 4 post op, i woke to some serious pain.....and it stayed around for 5 days...i took my pain meds, used the hot shower spray on it (felt soo good) and moved my shoulders to help ease it. (some have used heating pad, i did not). on day 9, i woke up and it was gone. that was a glorious day. as karen and cheryl and others say, it will eventually go away but i have read some have twinges here and there.

I was wondering about the same thing. I am fine unless I bend over or when I move a certain way. They told me no twisting or lifting over 10 lbs for two weeks. I am scared to do anything. I don't want to pull anything loose! Thankfully my bed is pretty low, so I can get in it with no problem. I do sleep in the recliner quite a bit as well.

Thanks guys I also wondered the same thing. Its been three days since my surgery and I am hurting so bad. My shoulders are killing me and my chest hurt with gas I am taking gas x but I am having very minimal result. Yes I am walking a lot but the pains are not subsiding!

Thanks guys I also wondered the same thing. Its been three days since my surgery and I am hurting so bad. My shoulders are killing me and my chest hurt with gas I am taking gas x but I am having very minimal result. Yes I am walking a lot but the pains are not subsiding!

I was wondering about the same thing. I am fine unless I bend over or when I move a certain way. They told me no twisting or lifting over 10 lbs for two weeks. I am scared to do anything. I don't want to pull anything loose! Thankfully my bed is pretty low' date=' so I can get in it with no problem. I do sleep in the recliner quite a bit as well.[/quote']

You will be sore where the port is for some time. I'm 6wks out and bending still aggravates my port site, makes it bulge some. Main thing is lifting heavy things , don't!

I was working in my garden 5 days out, bending over and such and when it got sore just rested for awhile.

Try not to worry! I know easier said than done. I was always thinking did I eat or drink to much.lol