Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know how long it lasts? Had my surgery 11/21. Appreciate any ideas.

I had my surgery 11/20 and I still have it. It is the most horrible feeling. The gas pains were worse than incisions.

I had my surgery Sept 17th and had gas pains this week..........first time in ages, but they do hang around for a bit.

my shoulder hurt really good for about 5 days......just use a heating pad, some tylenol and move your arm as much as you can......one of the best days of my life was waking up and my shoulder no longer hurting :)

Some people always have that shoulder pain. Its the band pressing on your nerve. I had it until I got my first fill a year later.

Glad this subject was brought up. After surgery I didn't have the shoulder pain like everyone speaks of. Since going on regular eating I get terrible left shoulder pain and I've used it as a sign to stop eating and shortly after eating it stops. I figured it was a nerve, but wasn't sure if it is a you're full sign.

Maddy for some it is a sign to stop eating. Its putting pressure on that nerve. That is your signal to stop eating. Some have it continuos. It can be annoying but none the less it is the band pressing on the nerve.

I have pain in my left shoulder alot. i am pretty sure it is gas. the nurse said to stop eating if i get that pain but i cant remember how she described it. I am 4 years out.

Maddy for some it is a sign to stop eating. Its putting pressure on that nerve. That is your signal to stop eating. Some have it continuos. It can be annoying but none the less it is the band pressing on the nerve.

Thanks Cheryl! I def stop eating, it hurts like hell!

If it does continue I won't have a problem overeating : )

My shoulder hurt for about 2 weeks after banding. I mentioned it to my dr. .She said it should go away soon. She was correct, but, now if I eat too much, more than one cup of food, my shoulder hurts again. Dr. said the band is probably touching a nerve that carries the pain to my shoulder. Nothing I can do about it, but it is an indicator for me to pay attention to how much I'm eating! Which is exactly what I wanted the band to do for me!

Yeah it really irritated me too but I think it helped me as well. It does hurt but that nerve goes all the way from the stomach up over the left shoulder and to the brain. Once you get a couple fills it might stop hurting because the band will be putting pressure on it. I know mine hurt a whole year then once I got two fills it stopped.

My shoulder is still hurting but I get a pain by my ribs go up to my shoulder it hurts like hell I want to cry or yell I was band 11/2/12

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I was banded on the 15th and had shoulder pain until yesterday! Walking and laying on my stomach was the only thing that seemed to help me.