Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cheated Death!!

Okay so I went to Bed Hungry woke up and had 2 slices of Dry Turkey Breast only for it to get Stuck!! I felt like I was dying!! Panic attack Mode! Ran to Get It Up and Out!!! I could not believe how bad it could feel to have meat stuck in a Lap-band !! I thought I was Dying!! TIM Sorry had to Vomit!!! I cheated Death!! No More!!! Dry Turkey!!!! Thanks God!!! Should Have a Better Breakfast!!!

Glad you survived! Take it really easy today, you probably irritated your esophagus. Might need Protein Shakes & mushies a few days.

I've always had problems with breast meat on chicken, so I know turkey breast would be bad. Problem is I prefer the breast :*(

Take care & have a blessed day!

The title of your post is VERY attention-grabbing!! I would say the vast majority of bandsters have had stuck episodes, and while they're not fun, they are not life-threatening. I just wanted to post that for newbies or those considering the band, in case they took your post literally. I'm sure you know, but I want to let others know, that you should avoid foods that will get stuck, but if you do have a stuck episode, you will not die.

Okay so I went to Bed Hungry woke up and had 2 slices of Dry Turkey Breast only for it to get Stuck!! I felt like I was dying!! Panic attack Mode! Ran to Get It Up and Out!!! I could not believe how bad it could feel to have meat stuck in a Lap-band !! I thought I was Dying!! TIM Sorry had to Vomit!!! I cheated Death!! No More!!! Dry Turkey!!!! Thanks God!!! Should Have a Better Breakfast!!!

I am sorry you had this experience but I don't believe you can die from getting stuck. It doesn't block the air flow I don't think. Of course I am not a dr.

I would hate for new bandsters thinking about getting banded to get scared off by the dramatic scenario you portray. That said I would be more focused on eating 3 balanced meals so you aren't so hungry in the middle if the night you resort to rummaging thru the fridge for food. You may want to speak to your dr about getting in the green zone.

Okay, if you have never had a serious stuck episode, you have no way of relating to this, but having been there a couple of times, I TOTALLY get your reaction.... I felt like the life flight helicopter should land in my front yard to take me to the hospital!

Not trying to scare the newbies, but don't be quick to tell her that shrcumm that she over reacted if you have never been there!

A serious stuck is a very scary experience. NO, it doesn't block your airflow, and NO you won't die, but when you are in the middle of it, you feel like you could. Not minimizing it at all! It hurts and it is scary.

don't go to bed hungry use you Protein Shakes that should get you till morning. it important to pase out your meals. With this last fill I never get hungry and need to watch the clock to make sure I eat so do talk to your doctor about getting a fill.

I too thought the title was a little much. I have been banded for almost two years and have had several stuck episodes. They hurt like heck and one even took me to the doc for an unfill because I couldn't get it unstuck after several hours... But never did I think I was cheating death. To the newbies, this is a exaggerated expression to say the least... But they do hurt, so try not to get stuck, chew your food!!!

Okay, if you have never had a serious stuck episode, you have no way of relating to this, but having been there a couple of times, I TOTALLY get your reaction.... I felt like the life flight helicopter should land in my front yard to take me to the hospital!

Not trying to scare the newbies, but don't be quick to tell her that shrcumm that she over reacted if you have never been there!

A serious stuck is a very scary experience. NO, it doesn't block your airflow, and NO you won't die, but when you are in the middle of it, you feel like you could. Not minimizing it at all! It hurts and it is scary.

I have been stuck... But I never felt like I was going to die. That was my only point. I cannot measure others pain or trauma. I was merely pointing out I didn't think you could die from it.

And here I thought you were going to tell us how much the lap band had improved your health! A bit melodramatic for stuck episode! Try not to panic next time, and especially try no to panic the entire membership of LBT!

I thought it was going to be an inspirational post too! Something about how the lapband helped someone to lose enough weight to literally cheat death B)

My husbands worry, when I was describing the lapband to him, was that a stuck episode would be harmful and would somehow block me from breathing. So ya, I think it might be scarey for newbies to read that post. Hopefully they read the whole thread.

I dont know if it will help but my nurse told me to specifically eat the dark meat and when I did have white meat I put a little low cal mayo on it. Im sorry you had a bad experience but its all part of the process and hopefully you will learn from it. You also might have been chewing to fast or the pieces could have been too big. It is hard sometimes when you are with others not to pay enough attention to what you are eating.

Well im new...just got banded almost 3 weeks ago and this post scared the crap out of me :( im already terrified of getting stuck, so much so that i can really see myself staying on mushies alot longer than im suppose to. Im suppose to start regular food on wednesday and im scared. Even more now that ive read this...

hope you are doing better today

Wow This Next Posting Is Going To Be Fun!!!! For THOSE OF YOU WHO THOUGHT I WAS BEING TOO DRAMATIC!!! I made this posting topic Just to see how many negative responses I could Get!! I Thank MY True Friends who did not fall into negative words or arms!!! For those who did NOT!! YOU just missed your moment!!! Whatever that is!! To Be positive!! DON'T TELL ME HOW I FELT!! NO I'm no trying to scare anyone!!! If anyone could not read through the lines!! It stated I felt like I cheated death!!! I did not say the band causes Death!!! SO LEARN TO READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU CONDEMN!!!! Those who live in Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones!!!!! Have a Blessed One!!!