Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made the jump - I scheduled THE date!

Hello everyone - I am so excited (and scared nearly pant-less) to report that I finally scheduled my banding today with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, MX on Tuesday May 9th.

I actually ran to the mailbox to send the $500 deposit immediately so I couldn't back out. It's done. I have had a rollercoaster of a day since then - even pigged out some (not too bad, though) at dinner figuring I only have a month left so I went ahead and had the sour cream, bacon bits and butter on my Outback baked potato instead of substituting for steamed veggies... no blooming onion or cheese (heartattack) fries though. That's a small miracle right there. :)

Thank you so much for all the advice - thank God for this board, it has provided me with most of what I needed to make the decision. I can only hope and pray it will keep me honest going forward. I haven't been successful on a diet yet - without phen fen - and kept it off for more than a couple months. I'm sure that's about everyone's story, though, it's why we're here.

Ack! I am so freaked out!!! Someone please tell me to chill! :faint:

Dawn

5'11", pre-op weight 285, BMI 39.7

Scheduled for surgery 5/9/06

Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, MX

Chill! May 9th is the PERFECT day to get banded...it's my birthday! It's a sign. Aren't you EXCITED?!!!!!! I was, and terribly nervous, too, so don't sweat it. Congrats!

Welcome Dawn

Chill girl, it will all be okay.

Don't feel guilty about what you eat... you already made a healthier choice by passing on the "yummy" Bloomin Onion.

May 9th will be here before you know it and you will be a bandster.

Take a deep breath and relax!

Thanks - I can't believe I am going to be a "bandster" - I am much more nervous right now than excited. Still need to chill out!

Chill! May 9th is the PERFECT day to get banded...it's my birthday! It's a sign. Aren't you EXCITED?!!!!!! I was, and terribly nervous, too, so don't sweat it. Congrats!

Hi, is there a recipe for egg drop Soup or is there someplace you buy it already made? Would you share with me. Also where do you buy Aloe Vera juice. Thanks so much for the help.

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations on your band date! I had surgery in Monterrey with Dr. Rumbaut too - he's great and you won't regret your choice of surgeon. When you're in Mexico spend as much time as you can spare in the Hampton Inn Hotel lobby. You'll see lot's of people - mostly women - who are there having surgery with Dr. Rumbaut too. Just make eye contact and give a little nod, believe me, you'll be making friends who are at the same stage of the game as you in no time. I met several people there, two of whom I'm still in contact with. They're my bandsisters!

One of the people I met, NOT having surgery with Dr. Rumbaut was a disaster! She was one of those people who doesn't do any research - or at least doesn't think things through (you could just tell - too much make-up, overdressed with too many ruffles, too much jewelery, too much hairspray and back-combing, and feet STUFFED into high heels at least two sizes too small!). She had no idea she was supposed to be on a pre-op diet. She was planning on going to a famous 'Cabrito' restaurant and having the 'all meat extravaganza' deluxe dinner on the night before surgery! When she was talking about HER pre-op experience she told me how surprised she was with the dirty conditions of her pre-op doctor's office - there wasn't even a seat on the toilet where she was told to provide a urine sample! I didn't even have to GIVE a urine sample! I felt really, really badly for her - Botoxed eyebrows, Colligen mouth and all! I didn't see her after that day so I don't know how she made out. I hope she didn't suffer too much after having her 'last supper' - yep, she went and ate a big meal after several people said they were on a liquid diet the night before surgery. Go figure.

You don't have to worry about ANYTHING like that. Your pre-op doctor is very professional, even though he does the X-ray himself, and Dr. Rumbaut is ALL CLASS. And on the subject of bathrooms - lol - you HAVE to check out the bathroom at Dr. Rumbaut's office! I know it shouldn't be funny but it is! You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Dr. Rumbaut's staff is great, the hospital is great, the whole experience whas just wonderful. Even my post-op pain and gas was MINIMAL. In fact, if I decide to have plastic surgery post-weight-loss, I'm going back to Monterrey. Dr. Rumbaut's wife and his daughter had plastic surgery with the PS he recommends to his patients. I can't think of a better recommendation than that.

Take a deep breath. Relax. You're going to be fine, in fact, you're going to be GREAT! Remember, Dr. Rumbaut has a less than 1% complication rate. Less than 1%. That's awesome. Breath in, breath out. Dream about buying cute clothes. Breath in, breath out. Dream of going to a tropical resort on vacation. Breath in, breath out. Dream of everything you 'can't' or won't do now because of your weight.

Repeat. Repeat again if necessary.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Hi, is there a recipe for egg drop Soup or is there someplace you buy it already made? Would you share with me. Also where do you buy Aloe Vera juice. Thanks so much for the help.

Hey Dody, I just pick it up at the local Chinese Take-out up the street. I'll buy 2 Larges and drink 1/2 at a time. 4 yummy meals/snacks for post-fill (these days) but it was a God-send post-op! It's cheap too. You can make it, but it's easier to get it at take-out.

Aloe Vera juice can be found at Wal-Mart and Walgreens. I'm sure Eckerds/CVS/any drup store has it too. I find it in the tummy meds section...Tums, etc. It comes in a gallon container and I just drink 2-3 ounces every night. Paula told me it's not how much you drink at a time, it's how regularly you drink it. Refrigerate when opened. It ain't a glass of white wine, but it goes down well when cold. Tastes a little funny but I have no prob drinking it. Great stuff!

I know what you are feeling! I just scheduled my date (April 29th) with Dr. Sanchez in Mexico...I'm having a TON of feelings! Happy, anxious, numb. I was strolling through the grocery store today kinda dazed, wondering what my feelings will be 'on the other side' Good luck and were all here for ya!

Kathy (the best me)

Does the aloe vera juice have any calories/nutrients of any measure?

Nah. I consider it a clear liquid, like Water, just healing and soothing.

Sorry for the highjack Dawn...be sure to stock up on your Aloe Vera juice! LOL