Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have Thrown Up Twice Today After Eating

Since my last fill two weeks ago I just can't seem to get adjusted right with food. I get stuck or I get sick. Today I start off with a greek yogurt for Breakfast, that went ok, 4 hrs later I eat leftovers from Thanksgiving, just a few tee tiny bites of turkey, maybe 6 bites the size of my pinky nail, the same in portion of dressing and the same portion of hashbrown casserole, wasn't long and I lost it all. Tonight I was hungry and ate maybe a half cup of chicken salad with 2 crackers, couldn't even finish it and didn't eat the second cracker and had to go throw up. Its like the food wants to come back up or just sits at the back of my throat and I can't swallow it down. What's wrong?

Seems like you are too tight!

For me. I have to go liquids for a day. Once I'm irritated. It's misery. I have to rest my band for a day with wet food soupthen start out cottage cheese-Type food

Then see if I can be usual. Loosening is not unusual if no relief in a week. Maybe? Everyone is different. Good luck. Keep it up !

thanks everyone. I will take it easy on food selection for the weekend and see how things go and take it from there come Monday when my surgeon is in. I was thinking the same thing, maybe too tight.

Could also be the turkey or chicken they don't work for me either. Call the surgeon but your intolerance to meat might be happening since getting a fill.

Could also be the turkey or chicken they don't work for me either. Call the surgeon but your intolerance to meat might be happening since getting a fill.

I had the same problem. And they told me that lots of ppl w band have problems w meats

Thats my fear too. I dont want to go through the rest of my life afraid to eat :(

thanks everyone. I will take it easy on food selection for the weekend and see how things go and take it from there come Monday when my surgeon is in. I was thinking the same thing, maybe too tight.

It sounds to me that you have made a wise choice. Best wishes!

sound like you are just a little too tight. If it doesn't change don't wait to go get just a smidge taken out. You don't want to be throwing up all the time.

Sounds like you are very close to the "perfect" restriction... just a little too much.

Good Luck

Yeh sounds like your band is to tight, i would call the doctor..good luck!

I will try and answer all, I've lost track on my cc's but I think I am up to either 5.85 or 6cc's, but I think I'm 6cc's, forgot to ask the dr this last time. I have a 10cc band. The weird thing is, is I haven't lost but 1 lb in two weeks with all of this last fill so you'd think with the restriction I'd be losing. I posted earlier "not losing" and some of you said plateau maybe. I'm 5 1/2 mos post op I just didn't expect a plateau to hit this early but I guess it did. I usually can tolerate meats, well, canned chicken, fish, KFC chicken bites, and chicken breasts if I cut them into tee tiny bites and chew well. I've also been able to eat pulled port and pork chops but haven't eaten these things since my last fill 2 wks ago. I am able to eat eggs, toast, not bread raw but toast is fine. I'm a bit discouraged with my 1 lb loss. I'm not exercising and before you judge or comment please let me explain, I am really lethargic all of the time, I mean I could sleep around the clock so therefore I do not feel like exercising, I just can't muster up the energy to do so. My blood work came back normal except vit. D difficient. I also have a bad knee and when I walk on a treadmill or outside I pay for it at night with lots of pain. years of abuse of my heavy body walking on it and 2 surgeries. I will be sure to call my surgeon Monday and talk to his nurse and see what she thinks. I have a regular appt on the 6th of Dec. Thanks everyone for your comments.

I just had to get some taken out of my band... I was experiencing the same exact issues! One day I could eat fine then the next I couldn't swallow a bite of baked potato. My dr said if you are having problems keeping textured foods down then you are too tight! She took some out and I had instant relief!!!

I just had to get some taken out of my band... I was experiencing the same exact issues! One day I could eat fine then the next I couldn't swallow a bite of baked potato. My dr said if you are having problems keeping textured foods down then you are too tight! She took some out and I had instant relief!!!

really? wow, maybe I should call him now and leave a message cause all I've had today is oatmeal. All I can eat is slider foods.