Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Is Monday! Starting To Become Emotional

So my surgery is Monday and I have been fine up until this morning, I did well on Thanksgiving (even went to the gym in the morning) but I am on Clear Liquids until Monday, For some reason I am emotional this morning. I am crying at the drop of a hat. I was fine with the shakes but the thought of Water and broth for 3 days seems overwhelming. My family has been great but they expect me to be able to be the same as always and are taking it personally that I am not just smiling away. Trying to stay positive. I made myself a Bracelet on Friday that has my new motto ( I can, I must , I will ) to try and keep focussed. I want to get back to thin person I used to be. Was anyone else emotional leading up to the surgery?

Keep it up and you will do good surgery day. Mine was a piece of cake and had very little discomfort for only 24 hours after I came home. I took pain meds as directed. I drove my car around town the next day and even attended my first post op meeting at 7pm that night. My dietitian was amazed because she knew i had surgery the day before. Walking, sipping lots of Water , and use the heating pad on upper back and on collarbone if gas pains hit you. Moving/walking is the best to get rid of the gas that they use to bloat the stomach during surgery.

WE are all here for you. You are doing the right healthy thing in getting control back on your life. If you continue doing what you're doing, your life expectancy is short, health issues could arise, hard to buy insurance being overweight, different things may occur in your life. Please think of the new YOU after surgery. It was worth it for me, and I wish I would have done the "band" years ago.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Emotional is normal! It is a big change to your life. Try not to worry too much. It will be over so fast and you will love the results!

Yes, emotions are very normal. Keep your eyes on the prize, a healthy smaller you.Yippee!

I've had a few surgeries and this was a piece of diet cake.

Best wishes!

Mine is Monday as well. I woke up feeling the same way! I am so glad it is not just me. I have clothes that I have kept for years that go all the way down to size 12. Today, I started going through them and arranging them by size. I will be able to go "shopping" in my closet! This gave me something to focus on and I found myself getting a little excited. It will be fun to get back in "those jeans" again! Just remember you are not alone! HUGS!!!!

Thank you all!! Feeling better and I am going to stay focussed on the prize. Rongena62, Good Luck to you on Monday also!! I am sure that we will both do great. I also have clothes in ALL sizes and I do look forward to wearing things that I haven't in a long time.

Thank you all!! Feeling better and I am going to stay focussed on the prize. Rongena62' date=' Good Luck to you on Monday also!! I am sure that we will both do great. I also have clothes in ALL sizes and I do look forward to wearing things that I haven't in a long time.[/quote']

I don't have much to add since my date isn't until 1/23, but I did get very emotional during my last nutrition appointment Tuesday. It all started to feel so real and I know I will get more emotional the closer it gets to the date. I'm glad to know that it's normal and not just about me becoming a cry baby as I get older :)

Good luck with your surgery!

Mine is Monday as well. I woke up feeling the same way! I am so glad it is not just me. I have clothes that I have kept for years that go all the way down to size 12. Today' date=' I started going through them and arranging them by size. I will be able to go "shopping" in my closet! This gave me something to focus on and I found myself getting a little excited. It will be fun to get back in "those jeans" again! Just remember you are not alone! HUGS!!!![/quote']

That's exactly what I did before my surgery. I will be 6wks out this Monday and already thrown clothes in Goodwill pile. I've gone from 24-26 to 18 and they're getting baggy.

Eye on the prize!

That's exactly what I did before my surgery. I will be 6wks out this Monday and already thrown clothes in Goodwill pile. I've gone from 24-26 to 18 and they're getting baggy.

Eye on the prize!

How exciting! You sound like you are doing great! I am ready to get this over and get a few weeks out myself! Congrats on your success so far!

Mine is Monday as well. I woke up feeling the same way! I am so glad it is not just me. I have clothes that I have kept for years that go all the way down to size 12. Today' date=' I started going through them and arranging them by size. I will be able to go "shopping" in my closet! This gave me something to focus on and I found myself getting a little excited. It will be fun to get back in "those jeans" again! Just remember you are not alone! HUGS!!!![/quote']

I have soo many clothes that range in size too. I could never get rid of the small ones because it felt like giving up. I'm so excited to finally wear them (alot still have tags on them) yesss!

So my surgery is Monday and I have been fine up until this morning' date=' I did well on Thanksgiving (even went to the gym in the morning) but I am on Clear liquids until Monday, For some reason I am emotional this morning. I am crying at the drop of a hat. I was fine with the shakes but the thought of Water and broth for 3 days seems overwhelming. My family has been great but they expect me to be able to be the same as always and are taking it personally that I am not just smiling away. Trying to stay positive. I made myself a Bracelet on Friday that has my new motto ( I can, I must , I will ) to try and keep focussed. I want to get back to thin person I used to be. Was anyone else emotional leading up to the surgery?[/quote']

It's a big adjustment for your family as well. Since you won't be eating your emotions to put on a smile for your family they may rebel a little.

You have a right to show and feel all of your emotions even though you have not done so in the past. If nothing else it will make you healthier!

For me personally, I feel guilty when I'm not happy chipper peace maker so I would eat my stress. It's a big learning curve. Time for us to set new boundaries and redefine our interpersonal relationships!

Your success along the way will make it easier to do that.

Big hugs!