Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I eat cheese for protein.. but will that make me gain??

That depends on a lot of things.

Do you monitor your carbs too? Are they restricted? If you're on a low carb diet then you're fine. If you're unrestricted carbs, you should be monitoring your fat intake. They make a lot of great low fat cheeses now, too.

cheese is a great source of Protein and Calcium, you just have to have it mindful of fat and calories depending on the type of diet you follow.

I am definetly low carb.. I try to avoid carbs.. but that does not mean that I am doing zero.. I just try to stick generally to Protein based foods,.. I just know that I'm lighter than I've been in years.. and now I feel fat ?? I don't know if it's in my head or what.. But I've been having the cheese for breakfast.. and then my mind took the crazy train and started telling me I was prob gaining bc of it \(haven't been on scale in a week since my fill\)

I am definetly low carb.. I try to avoid carbs.. but that does not mean that I am doing zero.. I just try to stick generally to Protein based foods,.. I just know that I'm lighter than I've been in years.. and now I feel fat ?? I don't know if it's in my head or what.. But I've been having the cheese for breakfast.. and then my mind took the crazy train and started telling me I was prob gaining bc of it \(haven't been on scale in a week since my fill\)

If you're concerned, track your nutrients and see how many carbs, Protein, and fats you're actually consuming in a day. You may think you're doing low carb but you'd be shocked how many foods have them in them and we don't realize it. Likewise, you may think you're doing high protein but are actually lacking. The only way you can know for sure is to start tracking, even if temporarily, to see what you're actually consuming.

So I eat cheese for Protein.. but will that make me gain??

i eat cheese (in small amounts) because it is good in the Protein but its also high in fat. (i have the low fat cubes) and have them in little mini bags for a quick grab snack. (but def eat sparingly)

here is a link to tell you more about it.

http://www.livestron...protein-cheese/

Low fat string cheese is one of my go-to Snacks. It's a good source of Protein and it fills me up and keeps my satisfied for quite a while.

I eat very little cheese or dairy, it does have Protein but per calorie the protein in cheese or dairy is not as high as lean meats and than there is the fat content. I honestly do not think any foods should be off limits if you want them, it is Portion Control and consistency that is key to the longevity of this process. We are all at different places in our journey and each of us does what they need to do to get the results we want. I cut cheese, dairy and carbs to lose my last 30 lbs. I have gradually reintroduced this back into my diet but in moderation.

I eat cheese for a snack occasionally. I just track the calories like I would any other food. However my number is 1000 calories a day so cheese is a little luxury. :)

Also - very high in sodium.

I also ate a fair amount in the beginning, but had to cut back because I FELT I was eating too much.

Terry

i like string cheese as a go to snack when i am hungry but don t have time to sit and eat..