Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading To Mexico In January

I booked my surgery with Dr Alberto Aceves for January 7, 2013. My best friend had him and loved him. I am so excited that Jan seems like an eternity away. Anybody else have dr Aceves? I would love to hear about your experiment. Thanks. :D

Good luck on your journey. Just be sure to have a surgeon at home that will both treat and fill you after the surgery. It's imperative you do this before you have the surgery as many US surgeons won't touch someone banded in Mexico, so you must make sure you find one ahead of time so you don't come home without the necessary aftercare.

Happy for you! Stick around here and learn all you can about the LB, while your waiting for time to pass.

There is so much useful information. You might want to purchase a book on LBS. It's a tool that comes with a lot of instructions.

Best wishes!

Are you sure you want to have this done in Mexico? What if you have trouble once your back? Have to thought about that? Who will do your fills?

Congratulations and good luck to you!

Hi I had my surgery in Mexico on December 18, with Dr. Almanza. Everything went great, the clinic was very clean and the staff was nice as well. They ran a lot of test and actually found stuff my regular dr in the states missed. So I would do it again and would not change a thing .

Yeap Booked for Jan. 11th with Dr. Kuri...That hospital is five thousand times better then the one here and Dr. Kuri has done more Lapband then my Dr. here.

I booked my surgery with Dr Alberto Aceves for January 7' date=' 2013. My best friend had him and loved him. I am so excited that Jan seems like an eternity away. Anybody else have dr Aceves? I would love to hear about your experiment. Thanks. :D [/quote']

I am book with Dr Aceves for Feb 12/13 can you please share with me your experience. I would love to learn more thanks

Thankyou for sharing, can you share where you are getting your fills?

sorry to add some negative news.

I when down July 31st 2011 had a lapband put in.

one year later had lost 50 lbs, great.

Then the area around my port started to ache. After about another 3 months the port starter to erode through my skin. I actually started to see the white plastic slowly over 1 month come right out of my stomach.

Dr Almanza ( jerusalem clinic Tijuana Mexico ) (it's not a hospital, it"s in a strip mall next to a Staples) installed the port too close to the surface. I contacted them, they told me I could come back to Mexico and they would remove it for $2000.

I has to beg a local Richmond Lap BA surgeon to meet with me. A 40 year old man in tears begging a doctor to help.

Eventually he agreed to see me with one condition. I pay him $2000 for a consultation.

I was terrified so I paid. Didn't want to go back to Mexico.

I removed just the port and let the hole close up. It took 1 month of daily visits for new dressing then 1 month of every other day. eventually it closed up. I still have the remaining ban inside. It will cost me another $5000 to remove that.

If you want photos I can email them to you, just contact me.

So here's my recommendation: don't consider the band. Get a Sleeve.

Good luck.

Well it's been a month since I was banded and everything went very well. Iam down 18 lbs. Dr Aceves was wonderful as was his staff. I was seen by my family dr 2 weeks post op and I have had no complications. Dr Thomas Lee of Mount Laurel NJ will be doing my fills, I live in PA and it takes about 2 hours to get there, so I am a happy camper and I can't wait to start shopping for new clothing!!