Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Remind Me Again - Why No Liquids?

I wait only 30 minutes after. I would not try to drink while being stuck as that has failed miserably with only vomiting Water with slime. Yes it's gross lol but it happens.

I was advised not to drink 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after eating. As I have become one with my band I find I am fine drinking before I eat. But if I try to drink after I eat, the liquids tend to push up my food and I get to taste it again or worse have to dispose of it... not pleasant.

My Dr and I discussed drinking before eating and he is fine with it but mostly because I have been pretty successful and know my band very well.

If I get stuck which is rare... drinking doesnt help at all and the liquid just comes back up;.

But as we all say...best to check with your Dr. Thats what he is there for.

You make a good point about being one with the band. And of course, we all become one in a different way. I think the doctor's guidelines in the beginning seem to be all encompassing of all patients. And we should all follow our doctors orders. But as we progress down the lapband road towards successful weight loss it seems like most of us discover methods or solutions to enable the band to work with our own bodies and lifestyles. Sometimes a nutritionist might suggest eating a different way or we pick up helpful band friendly advice from forums like this one.

One size does not fit all I think most of us will agree. And I think most doctors would not argue with any patient who strayed from the basic rules of banding surgery as long as the patient is seeing progress and is not eating or behaving in a way that could damage their body or compromise the band.

Being one with the band is a slogan I've seen with most succesful bandsters and is the antithesis of the posts I've read from those who are failing and fight their band.

tmf

Aside from the issue of conflicting/confusing instructions coming from different surgeons, I discovered an extremely persuasive reason to avoid drinking during meals and especially if I was stuck. When my esophagus and upper stomach pouch were busy trying to break down and move my food in a southerly direction, even a small sip of liquid had nowhere to go except back up north and out of my mouth, often taking food along with it for the ride. Which was extremely unpleasant for me - to say nothing of my dining companions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches