Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rebanding Success

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if any of you ever had to be rebanded. I lost 48 of the 75 lbs that I wanted to lose before going astray. My band and I stopped working for one another and I do believe that it was due to my own doing. I have Fluid taken out of my band at this time, but I'm hoping that being re-positioned or rebanded could put me back on track. My Doc is talking sleeve but I don't want to be cut. I'm hoping that any of you that have had success ever had to be rebanded that helped with your success.

Maybe I need more info but why does it need repositioned? Why not just a fill?

I wonder like Floridays. Did they tell you it slipped or you stretched your pouch? Why did they remove the Fluid? It's hard to really answer not knowing what caused them to remove the Fluid.< /p>

Either way, I am happy to hear you want to kickstart this again before taking a more drastic approach.

Good luck to you.

Yes I was woundering why did they reband you, did it slip or was it side ways, I really would like to know, because I have the same problem. Thanks and good luck.

I had two co-workers that were banded 3 years ago, one never had success witht the band and had complications, they considered her a band failure, she had her band removed 4 months ago and had the sleeve and is doing well and dropping weight. The second co-workers band slipped after 3 years, they removed her band but because she was almost of normal BMI insurance would not replace band and would not approve sleeve. She is now 2 months post op band removal and is gaining weight and struggling. I do know that my physician will not replace the band if there are any complications because he feels if you have complications once you are at higher risk for a second round of complications. Not sure what I would do if I had to have mine removed because like you I really do not want to be cut. Good luck in your decision and I hope what ever you decide it works for you.

Hi, I was rebanded in 2009 due to slippage, the reason for my slip was a bout of vertigo which I never experienced before and hope never to experience again. The vertigo caused me to vomit violently thus the slip. I am doing grate and I have been maintaining since the rebanding (I was near goal when the slip occured). My center requires an upper GI every year to see if the band is in place and or any other complications as they feel if any thing goes wrong that is caught early can be fixed without complicated surgery. I had my upper GI in October and everything is fine, well I am actually on the loose side and it is recommended that I get a fill however I am fine with the fill I have. All this being said you need to know that I have an excellent bariatrics program. After 5 years I still go in for a one on one every week which I am asked questions about how my band and I are behaving etc, get weighed, and once a month get measured, also once a month we have a support group meeting all at no cost to me. Personally, I think my success is because of the excellent support I have, I know not all bariatric centers have that.

Thx to you all, but I wasn't rebanded I was inquiring and wanted to know if it had ever helped anyone that had issues. I was partially unfilled because of severe acid reflux at night, not losing weight, and having to stop eating 5 hours before bedtime and sometimes that still didn't help. I was simply too tight and the swallow proved that although my Dr. was still asking if I wanted a fill, but that was before he got the results of the swallow. I had a huge apatite and could eat whatever even being too tight. As someone here said, I would probably be totally unfilled and be placed on liquids and thats exactly what my Dr.'s office said to me today. I have an appt. this week for total unfill.

I had two co-workers that were banded 3 years ago, one never had success witht the band and had complications, they considered her a band failure, she had her band removed 4 months ago and had the sleeve and is doing well and dropping weight. The second co-workers band slipped after 3 years, they removed her band but because she was almost of normal BMI insurance would not replace band and would not approve sleeve. She is now 2 months post op band removal and is gaining weight and struggling. I do know that my physician will not replace the band if there are any complications because he feels if you have complications once you are at higher risk for a second round of complications. Not sure what I would do if I had to have mine removed because like you I really do not want to be cut. Good luck in your decision and I hope what ever you decide it works for you.

Thanks, I my band is no more use to me per my Dr. He is wanting me to have the sleeve but I really dont want to be cut on but I think you're right, If it didn't work the first time.......

I had to have mine emptied twice. Had my hiatal hernia come back after it was fixed in surgery... Then 6 more months and a gazillion tests I had my gallbladder removed. I just now have 3cc in my band after a year. I've also gained 25+lbs back. It's frustrating and if I can't get past 5 without the reflux, vomiting, etc... They also asked me if I'd considered sleeve and at this time I'm not ready for that.