Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Fill Portions...

Hey all, I got my first fill last weekend (4cc) and I was wondering what a normal food portion looks to all of you with a fill/ multiple fills. I feel very hungry with 1/2 cup of food, but COMPLETELY satisfied when I eat 1 cup of food. Is this normal? I never eat more than 1 cup, but will 1 cup for each meal stretch out my pouch?

Hey all, I got my first fill last weekend (4cc) and I was wondering what a normal food portion looks to all of you with a fill/ multiple fills. I feel very hungry with 1/2 cup of food, but COMPLETELY satisfied when I eat 1 cup of food. Is this normal? I never eat more than 1 cup, but will 1 cup for each meal stretch out my pouch?

For the duration of my losing stage I ate 3-4 oz Protein, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 c veggies at each meal. However I can promise you I did not always finish it

I still don't know how people eat a cup of food.

For instance I might have a poached egg on toast for Breakfast. How on earth does one equate that back to cups?

I eyeball what I eat based on recommendations by my surgeon and nutritionist. So a small plate with lots of veg, a small portion of carb and some Protein. To me that is easier to live with , especially when out, than trying to work out if it is a cup or more.

1 Cup is a good measure, and yes you sometimes need a good imagination to visualize it smushed into a cup! LOL. I am assuming you did liquids only for 24 hours after the fill?

I eyeball my food too. I dont really measure and I dont think I ever have. I just use a small plate. Well heck I eat crab cakes and stuff I can microwave its easier for me.

I'm like some if the others, I use Portion Control on a small plate.

Your food does not sit in your pouch for longer than a minute, if it hasn't passed through and you keep eating then you will know about it. That's why we need to wait a minute for eat bite to go through.

My doctor never told me to eat based on volume at least for Protein. He said 3 ounces of solid low fat low calorie protein. 3 ounces of protein is easily half a cup if not more. I don't mean to offend anyone but I have read that people who eyeball portions are almost guaranteed to overheat. Buy a cheap kitchen scale and at least weight your protein.

I'm like some if the others' date=' I use Portion Control on a small plate.

Your food does not sit in your pouch for longer than a minute, if it hasn't passed through and you keep eating then you will know about it. That's why we need to wait a minute for eat bite to go through.[/quote']

I've never heard of this before? It doesn't make sense to me. can you explain how that is possible?

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

My nutritionist gave me the outlines, actually a life size print out of the plate and where each food should go. ( 7" plate )

Sidenote:

The other night my kids set the table and gave me a big plate. I, lazy, just measured and placed the food on my big plate. My son looks over and says " THAT looks like you are just finishing up dinner , not just starting". HE Got up and changed my plate for me.

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs