Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss On Pre-Op Diet

While I appreciate your posting and well wishes' date=' you didn't answer my question. Posting is only helpful if questions are answered. If you don't have an answer, that's okay too. You do not have to reply. I understand there is a host of variables at play, I was simply asking how much do ppl typically lose. I don't need to be told to focus on my diet. Because I've got that covered. I don't believe I implied that I lacked belief in myself. But for the record, I don't. I have seen many of your posts before and I appreciate your thoughts normally.[/quote']

Good grief! I have a lot to say about this one! Wait.......I just remembered what Thumper's Mother told him. Nevermind.

Thanks rkimom! Surgery is 11/29. I was pretty surprised to lose so much so fast. I'm expecting that it will plateau soon? Weight loss this fast kinda creeps me out but of course I'm thankful to see the scale go down. :-)

Lori, I do not need to rethink my post. I didn't attack anyone.

Yeah... you did. Sorry, sometimes the truth ain't pretty, but it is still the truth!

Thanks rkimom! Surgery is 11/29. I was pretty surprised to lose so much so fast. I'm expecting that it will plateau soon? Weight loss this fast kinda creeps me out but of course I'm thankful to see the scale go down. :-)

Lori' date=' I do not need to rethink my post. I didn't attack anyone.

[/quote']

Combative much?

Your post was like calling a mechanic out of the blue and insisting that he tell you how much it will cost to fix your car when he knows nothing about the type of car or the problem.

Ladies,

I disrespected no one. I used the same open forum you speak of. I'm not trying to 'compare my success'. I'm trying to determine if my experience is normal. I'm embarking on a new life, which many of you are currently in. I respect your journey. But I have questions and I'm not in need of a lecture. From anyone. As I originally stated, if you don't have an answer for me, that's ok. If you choose not to give me advice, don't. I can live with it. But I won't be bullied into seeing things the way you want me to. Have a great day ladies.

Ladies' date='

I disrespected no one. I used the same open forum you speak of. I'm not trying to 'compare my success'. I'm trying to determine if my experience is normal. I'm embarking on a new life, which many of you are currently in. I respect your journey. But I have questions and I'm not in need of a lecture. From anyone. As I originally stated, if you don't have an answer for me, that's ok. If you choose not to give me advice, don't. I can live with it. But I won't be bullied into seeing things the way you want me to. Have a great day ladies.[/quote']

Unfortunately, this is the reality of this forum. You don't get answers to what you ask or get judgement from those who know better than you... Sometimes I just check out for a few days when it gets to be too much.

I happen to believe that you weren't combative, just concise with the information you were searching for.

I can't tell you how much people typically lose....I can just tell you that I lost 22 lbs and I started at 377 and my BMI was 55

Hope that helps...

When someone doesn't want to see the truth others are telling them, they think they are being bullied. Everyone else is wrong. At this point it is obvious you don't recognize how offensive you are. Nothing said here is going to change that. So be it. I will continue respect and appreciate all posts given in a manner of helping and always be grateful for those who have gone before, been successful and are willing to share.

Rkimom, thanks.

Floridays that does help. That tells me that I shouldn't be alarmed. :-) Thank you for sharing. You look awesome in your avi btw!

Rkimom, thanks.

Floridays that does help. That tells me that I shouldn't be alarmed. :-) Thank you for sharing. You look awesome in your avi btw!

Thank you for the compliment

I have a friend who was banded about the same time... With similar stats. She lost 11 lbs but she also cheated on the 3rd day....

Yeah my surgeon has put the fear of god in me, so I'm afraid to cheat. I also kinda want to prove to myself I can do it. It's tough! But I think its great you had a friend to go through the process with. My friends are currently looking at me like I'm crazy for doing the pre-op. I kinda think I am too!

Holy crap! Enough already! One comment is going to scare this woman from ever coming back here for support. I believe this has been blown WAY out of proportion and it really needs to stop. Maybe you thought she was harsh, but who among us has never said something that gets misinterpreted or misread?

The personal attacks need to stop. Let the first perfect bandster step forward and take over the entire forum...

This has gotten ridiculous.

From an imperfect person...done and out.

Sorry to say, but anyone that knows CG, which is a lot of ppl , will stumble onto this thread and feel the need to give their opinion.

That's how the forum works, sometimes weeks go by and someone finds something and brings it back to the forefront.