Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Losing But It's Ok

I am about 2 and a half weeks away from my first fill. I have stopped losing weight this week. It's ok, I know my body is adjusting. Like many of my lbt friends I have joined my fitness pal (love it!) to help me keep track of my calories. It has given me a goal of 1470 calories a day to lose a pound a week. I have been eating around 1000 per day it seems. At the end of the day mfp tells me I am not eating enough.

Since my surgery (Oct 22nd) I have been a little afraid of over eating. I just don't want to hurt myself. I am doing my best to be careful chewing and eating small bites. Most of the time at the end of my meal I feel full, I mean stuffed. That scares me becaues I think I might hurt myself. Am I a little paranoid?

Also inbetween meals I am hungry, sometimes very hungry.

Other than that, I feel good and still happy I had my surgery.

Whoa there! You ARE losing. Give it time! You are just two weeks out. Measure your food and eat until you are full.

Feeling full is not the key. Feeling satisfied is there is a difference. If you are hungry between meals then eat something like sugar free pudding. Your hunger going completely away is a misconception. You may see a reduction in your hunger but it is the bodies natural response to needing food. A cup of food and that is it. Your body will adjust and start dropping weight. At this stage MFP gives too many calories to lap band patients. I wouldnt be concerned when it says you are not eating enough. I stay under 1000 calories every day. It works I promise

just because is not showing (a loss numberwise) does not mean you are not losing. are your clothes looser? have you bought smaller items? if so, then yeah you are losing :)

Mfp tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough...lol You can set your calorie goal manually if you want, under settings.

Sounds like you are doing well. One thing I started doing is taking body measurements once a month. I find when the scale stops moving the inches start shrinking. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work, you are on your way!

Good point, my pants are a little lose. I thought 1470 calories are a bit much for me. Maybe my body will figure it out what I'm trying to do and start adapting.

Thanks friends

Feeling full is not the key. Feeling satisfied is there is a difference. If you are hungry between meals then eat something like sugar free pudding. Your hunger going completely away is a misconception. You may see a reduction in your hunger but it is the bodies natural response to needing food. A cup of food and that is it. Your body will adjust and start dropping weight. At this stage MFP gives too many calories to lap band patients. I wouldnt be concerned when it says you are not eating enough. I stay under 1000 calories every day. It works I promise

I stand corrected Cheryl... feeling satisfied is what I should have said. Thanks for catching me!

Eat what they tell you 1 cup then stop . You should not be stuffed...stuffed is what got me to wls. Your body catches up with what you give it, I know some people get all into how many calories and if that works for you so be it. For me that just never was an opition that was what I had done all my FAT life. sooooooooo....I decided that there is no way I could put 1000 cals in a cup and a half of the recomended food a day. If I got hungry which was more head then body hunger I had a small snack. I took my Vitamins and supplements I drank my liquids and I lost weight , and I wasn't hungry . Post weight loss I still probably only average 1000 cals a day, some days more some days less. I am healthy my hair is strong and now surprisingly RED :rolleyes: LOL , my teeth haven't fallen out and my bones are intact. So I am just saying this freedom I have around food has been helped by my not being preoccupied with counting calories. Everyones journey is different and this is mine