Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here! Day 6 Post-Banding

I am really excited about being here. I hope to find a lot of support. I was banded on Thurs Nov 8th. I am having some complications. My stomach is tender, I can't lay down, and I am hungry! But, I am going to fight through this. I understand that I may not feel any restriction with the band until the 3rd fill. I am trying hard to stick with the clear/full liquids. I cheated a little this morning with a couple of bites of pudding and a couple of bites of potato salad, with chunks. I did not "feel" any problems with the potato chunks....so far. Maybe I could try blending potato salad in a blender with a tiny bit of milk to make it soupy? Just a thought. I have to find way to curb this hunger until I get fills that work. Anyone else have problems with being hungry less than a week after banding?

We were banded on the same day! I felt just awful yesterday , nauseous and weak, figured out that I had only drank about four ounces of Water the day before. I started pushing water with a little bit of sf Jello and today I am feeling much better. So my advice is to be very aware of your water intake it can really affect how you feel. I have not been super hungry yet. Tomato Soup and hot jello water are mostly what I have been eating.i did pick some of the marshmallows out of my sons lucky charms and melt them in my mouth yesterday when I felt like crap. I would be afraid of potato chunks though.maybe if you mushed them with milk till they were thin. My doc said nothing that you cant get through a straw for two weeks.

Do you still feel bloated? I sure do.

I feel bloated. The potato chunks got through ok apparently. I haven't had any discomfort or pain from eating it. I am going to stick closer to the diet though and avoid chunks because I don't want to loosen the stitches from the band and cause it to slip. I am going to thin out some cream of chicken Soup with some broth so it is not so thick and sip on it. Congrats on your banding by the way!! :)

TRY to follow your doctor's orders.

I did a little better today too. Around 20 oz. Aren't you surprised at how difficult it is to drink? I just feel like my insides are so full, of what i dont know. i guess just swollen. i know I read people talking about it on here before I got MY band, I gues I thought they were exaggerating. Whew! They were not.

NO MORE POTATO CHUNKS!

I was also banded on Nov 8. Im so sick of liquids, i could scream! And i also feel very bloated. My stomach is still tender and im having shoulder and upper back pain this evening. Ugh...i sure hope this passes soon and i start to feel normal soon. Its super hard for me to get any Water down too. It goes down ok, it just feels like im full ALL of the time, but i also feel hungry at the same time. Does that make sense to anyone?

YES!

My mother made my favorite Cookies today for my son, and I felt like I was suddenly schizophrenic! One part of me was saying "you. Have not chewed anything for like 14 days, you are starving" and the other part was saying "omg if you eat any part of that cookie your intestine will burst through your incision"

Fear definitely won. I had no part of that cookie. Lol

It will be good to feel normal again...well normal but thinner. This surgery was harder than I thought it would be. I was expecting something similar to gall bladder surgery...this has been decently worse. Still better than knee surgery though....way better. Worse than my two c sections though, but I think the baby distracts you from the pain.

I cant cook right now in fear i might put something i shouldn't un my mouth. my husband is starting to slim slow.....lol

Try drinking Unjury which is a protien chicken noodle Soup 21grams, it sounds like your not getting enough Protein to keep you full. Unfortunately, the band doesn't change our mindset. Good Luck with your new life journey.

Where can you buy the chicken noodle protien? I have never been a milk person so the shakes have been wrecking havoc on my stomach. Something salty would be better for me.

I have not had any problems drinking or anything. It is almost as if I never got the band. My stomach is tender from the cuts, but again I have not noticed any restrictions. I have been able to drink easily since the day of surgery. Is that bad? Maybe the band was not placed properly? I don't think it has any fill at all...they just banded me. I am hungry, even now on day 6. I have been hungry since the day of surgery. So...apparently, that is not normal? What is the difference? I have lost 15lbs because I have just been on Clear Liquids. Aside from the physical discomfort due to the incisions, I feel no different and have not noticed any difference in what happens when I eat or drink. Something must be wrong?

I am feeling paranoid and worried. Tomorrow is full liquids. Should I just drink the Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes?