Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Myfitnesspal Calorie And Carb Suggesstions, Huh?

I've been on a South Beach Diet-ish meal plan, in the beginning with great success, not so much now.

I talked to my NUT, and she said to continue the low good carbs, very low bad carbs, high Protein, heavy veggie, low fats - diet. But to start counting my calories. Keeping near 1600 a day. Sounds like a lot to me.

So I joined myfitnesspal and I find it a task but sort of exciting. My calories haven't gone beyond 1550 a day.

***Do you find this high?

But the reading I got from MFP for carbs is 213! Count the fact that I have a healthy amount of good carbs in my diet.

***Isn't that astronomical?

In MFP, is there a way to have my own personal index of my regular food and drinks to refer back and forth to? It seems to remember about 5 now.

I'm not losing at all, and I've been doing a bit more walking than usual. I'm very sad...

HELP???

I am so with you on this PBK! I am on MFP also and my daily recommendation seems high to me also. 1600cals? I stay around 1k-1100ish. I am making an appt with a nutritionish this week so I hope to get some better insight on that. Did you see Mis thread on food and nutrition called carb cycling? I bought the book she gives you a general idea and it has Awesome reviews.. so I suggest you find that thread and read it.. Gonna start that this week! Many people who are plateau'd ahve breakin that from the carb cycling. Try it out!!

I've been on a South Beach Diet-ish meal plan' date=' in the beginning with great success, not so much now.

I talked to my NUT, and she said to continue the low good carbs, very low bad carbs, high Protein, heavy veggie, low fats - diet. But to start counting my calories. Keeping near 1600 a day. Sounds like a lot to me.

So I joined myfitnesspal and I find it a task but sort of exciting. My calories haven't gone beyond 1550 a day.

But the reading I got from MFP for carbs is 213! Count the fact that I have a healthy amount of good carbs in my diet.

In MFP, is there a way to have my own personal index of my regular food and drinks to refer back and forth to? It seems to remember about 5 now.

I'm not losing at all, and I've been doing a bit more walking than usual. I'm very sad...

HELP???[/quote']

You can keep your regular eaten food under my meals for easy access. It might be called just meals. Its across top where it says "frequent, recent,meals

I do not go by what it says carb wise because it says I should be eating only 45 grams of Protein and 165 grams of carbs. I always surpass the protein and I stay under 1,000 calories. I think you should just log your food and try to stay under 1200 then you will start losing. That program was made really for people who work out constantly. I like spark people better. It doesnt give you calories back if you exercise. I use MFP but I do not go by the carbs they say I should eat even if it is good carbs. The whole point of the band in the beginning in my opinion is really to get in the protein and not worry so much about the carbs. I eat very little carbs in a day. I will until I get to goal. Sometimes I do eat carbs but not often as I should probably but that is just me. As you lose weight it will also up your carb intake and decrease your protein intake which is not right for us.

I know we all are different, but today my nutritionist but me on.

Calories -900

Fat-30

Carbs- 90

Protein-60-80

She also recommended phase 1&2 of the South Beach Diet.

I've been on a South Beach Diet-ish meal plan' date=' in the beginning with great success, not so much now.

HELP???[/quote']

You can customize your settings, caloriez etc. it's under settings, preferences (there are more options on the websit compared to the app).

You can save menues, as well as create your own foods where you enter the info you want to log.

Hope this helps.

I also find that their recommendations seem too high for me.

I just try to stay low cals and high Protein on my own. BTW, once I lost some weight it "reassessed" me and allotted me less calories per day. Still seems high but I play by my own rules

On spark people you can customize your Protein, carbs and fat intake to what you want. I only do about 70 grams of carbs if that. But that is my preference. I think spark people has some really awesome recipes on it too.