Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got band on nov.2 and I'm on soft foods and this Friday I'll start solids they say u can't eat bread at all I was just wondering is that true

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I got band on nov.2 and I'm on soft foods and this Friday I'll start solids they say u can't eat bread at all I was just wondering is that true

i guess you could....but if i would you, id go for more filling foods loaded with Protein (beans/meats etc instead of mushy bread)...

still early to go on solids, id def stick with softer foods until you heal up more.

Yes you can physically eat bread. I assume they is your doctor and therefore I suggest following their orders. You should focus on Protein first, then veggies, then carbs (if still hungry). No more than 1 cup with 3-4 ozs of Protein.< /p>

Good luck to you

It was true for me. I wasnt allowed wheat bread until I was released to solids... 4 weeks post op.

I can chew bread, yes, but I can not physically get it down. I'm a little over a year out from surgery and that still stands true. I take little pieces here and there if I get a craving, but your body pretty much adjusts, well at least mine did. Things I shouldn't eat I don't even want anymore, except ice cream. =) I can't eat/don't want Pasta, rice, bread or tortillas anymore. It could be my body figuring out that the end result is not fun with any of those and just ceasing to crave it. Good luck and don't worry! It gets soooo much easier.

I wouldnt be so quick to want those kind of carbs yet. bread isnt an option for me at all. I dont miss it. I use other things like wraps or tortillas to make wraps out of.

I just had surgery the first part of October and I can eat bread. It really all depends on the situation. I eat sandwiches all the time with no problem. I think eating just straight bread might be more of a problem.

Thanks guys one more ? Should eat before going to the gym or have a shake after I'm done at the gym

Honestly, you need to meet with a nutritionist. Everyone is different with different needs, a nutritionist can help you establish yours and set up reasonable guidelines.

Eating before or after the gym is a common question and there is no simple answer. It depends on lots of things such as the duration and intensity of your workout, when you last ate etc. I cannot exercise well on a full stomach and since I like to exercise first thing in the morning, I tend to eat after my workout.

Seeing a nutritionist could be valuable, too.

I agree it sounds like it is time for a nutritionist. Go easy on bread... it can be a huge challenge.