Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Feeling Full Like I Should

I had my surgery Sept 21st, I had my first fill 3cc on Oct 26th, I was told for my first fill that it was a good one because most fills are not that much...if thats the case then why am I still not feeling full when I eat?? I feel like it takes me to much food to get full, I can't eat as much as I use to but considering I have been banded and my first fill I think I should be full with a whole lot less food...does it take more then 1 fill to get to where I shouldn't be able to eat as much, and also I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I don't have any trouble eating anything at all, I have heard so much about not being able to eat bread but nothen has bothered me at all...I am feeling like a failure at the band :(

well, the band wont stop you from being hungry but it will (help you eat less)......are you eating more than your allotted 1 cup of food?

just because one can eat more than they should, doesnt mean one should..you need to practice self control.....def focus on Protein first as it will help with feeling full ..

ps--no ones a failure unless they dont try to use the tool they were given properly.

It took me 9 cc's to feel sufficient restriction. Biggest key for me was that my appetite diminished greatly to a point where I had to make sure I ate something. I wouldn't focus too much on how full you feel because the full feeling you once had is different now. You don't ever want to feel that Thanksgiving type of fullness anymore. If you feel that then you've really overeaten. You need to ask yourself 'Am I really hungry' or 'Am I satisfied'. If you learn to tell the difference between head hunger and real hunger that's half the battle in my opinion. Other half is combating that head hunger.

Sweet spot takes time to find and everyone is different. Stay the course and you will get there!!

I had my surgery Sept 21st, I had my first fill 3cc on Oct 26th, I was told for my first fill that it was a good one because most fills are not that much...if thats the case then why am I still not feeling full when I eat?? I feel like it takes me to much food to get full, I can't eat as much as I use to but considering I have been banded and my first fill I think I should be full with a whole lot less food...does it take more then 1 fill to get to where I shouldn't be able to eat as much, and also I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I don't have any trouble eating anything at all, I have heard so much about not being able to eat bread but nothen has bothered me at all...I am feeling like a failure at the band :(

Just because you can eat something doesnt mean you should...

If you are still hungry or it doesnt hold your hunger for 4-5 hrs after eating 3/4 oz protien, 1/2 c veggies and 1/4 starch you arent in the green zone and you may need a fill. It took me 4 fills to get there... but I managed to lose because I stuck to my portions and never went over my calorie allotment.

I am not sure I have had the full feeling since I have been banded. But I have been satisfied... I learned there is a huge difference. Chat your Dr up about this and see what he advises.

You shouldn't be eating until you're full, you should be eating until you're satisfied, and they are not the same.

Here's a link to better explain it: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

You're not eating to get full, You're eating to be satisfied that is a big difference.

Iam new and just had my 3rd fill and now .cant eat more then my cup and I am not hunry at all . I have a 10cc band with 6.5cc in it. My doctor will fill every 2 wks until I felt the restriction so call for another fill, the band should HELP you not just be there I am finally feeling it....line dancer

You shouldn't be eating until you're full, you should be eating until you're satisfied, and they are not the same.

Here's a link to better explain it: http://drsimpson.net...estriction.html

I just read this and it was sooo helpful, I was banded 3 months ago and this explains it all, Thanks Mis73

Great feedback already. Despite what your dr said about your first fill being a "good one", you should expect to reach the green zone on just one fill. This is usually a process of minor adjustments until you reach it.

You are definitely not a failure - you have reached out for help on here!

Keep working and you will enjoy the success you crave.

It took me 6 months to feel restriction. That said, I lost 50 pounds before feeling restriction. Don't worry about it. Try not to overeat.

well, the band wont stop you from being hungry but it will (help you eat less)......are you eating more than your allotted 1 cup of food?

just because one can eat more than they should, doesnt mean one should..you need to practice self control.....def focus on Protein first as it will help with feeling full ..

ps--no ones a failure unless they dont try to use the tool they were given properly.

Ditto!