Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Can You Eat?

I'm starting over after having surgery to fix a slip. I just can't seem to find that sweet spot.

I feel like I'm eating to much. I'm having a shake in the morning and mid morning. Maybe

salad and Soup for lunch. dinner tonight I had a bowl of stew little while later another shake. I had

A late night 1/2cup Cereal. I've been to full twice so I want to give it some time. I just had my fill

Last week. Wanted to see how much everybody else was eating. Thank you and good luck with

Your band.

Curious as to why you are drinking 3 shakes? Not sure what kind they are or how many calories but it seems like a lot to me. of course my dr isn't an advocate of shakes.... Except on the pre op and post op liquid only diet of course..... He prefers I get my Protein from food and not shakes which pass right thru the band.

At every meal I eat 3/4 oz of Protein, 1/2 c of veggie/salad and 1/4 c of starch. I usually cannot finish it.

I eat a cup or less of food per meal, no exceptions. I never exceed that. I'm sure I could physically eat more if I wanted to, but I know it's important I limit my portions so I do.

I agree with Floridays, I'm not sure why you're drinking all those shakes?

You said you've been too tight twice and had a slip. Perhaps this link can help you: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes to you.

Meals consist of 3-4 oz of Protein and 1/4 cup veggies. I do supplement with shakes between meals but i do this only on weight training days because on those days I need 100 plus gms of protein and I can not eat enough to do this. My shakes are only 120-130 cal with 25 gms protein mixed in 4oz's Water. I am curious as to why you are eating so many Soups and stews. While soups and stews are ok they are in the slider food groups and do not keep you satisfied as long. I suggest, lean protein at meals. Chewing food makes you feel more satisfied and stays with you longer and that is the bands purpose. Good luck.

I eat a cup or less of food per meal, no exceptions. I never exceed that. I'm sure I could physically eat more if I wanted to, but I know it's important I limit my portions so I do.

You said you've been too tight twice and had a slip. Perhaps this link can help you: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Best wishes to you.

Love the new Ticker Missy, so festive. Also I love Dr Simpson's website, I found that early on during this journey and have read and reread everything they have to say. That office does a great job, his book the last 30 lbs was very helpful to me when I was at that point. ;-)

Love the new Ticker Missy, so festive. Also I love Dr Simpson's website, I found that early on during this journey and have read and reread everything they have to say. That office does a great job, his book the last 30 lbs was very helpful to me when I was at that point. ;-)

It's called The Last 30 Pounds? I'll definitely have to read that, I have a feeling I'll need it down the road! Thank you! :)

It's called The Last 30 Pounds? I'll definitely have to read that, I have a feeling I'll need it down the road! Thank you! :)

Yes, Last 30 lbs. I posted on one of my blogs back in Feb or March this year as an attachment it is a pdf file. If you can't find it let me know. The last 30 was the hardest for me and his web site was encouraging to me and he was one of the first who encouraged you to continue to push yourself. My MD, thought I should be happy, I didn't need a fill but was frustrated and had been stalled for 7 months. I was a sizOK was OKwas ok with that but I was still considered overweight and I wanted to be normal weight and I needed to get to 132 to be normal BMI. It was tuff but so worth it.

You certainly shouldn't be drinking your calories or Protein. Stick with 1 cup of food per meal with 3-4oz of protein.

I agree cut out the shakes why waste calories on shakes and just stop eating at a cup of food no matter what.

2 shakes (one for morning and lunch and sensible dinner).....sounds like a slim fast commercial..

we have the band so we dont have to diet.....sounds like you are dieting....

eat the allotted amount of foods (like love and chery and flori says) and you will do well

You said you've been too tight twice and had a slip. Perhaps this link can help you: http://drsimpson.net...estriction.html

Best wishes to you.

A great website, thanks Missy!

Wow, Great information ladies! I will start measuring my food and try to

Eat a cup at a time. Thank you all so much!

My band doctor didn't allow shakes after the 3rd week. I do keep them on hand for post stuck episodes, travel, etc, but rarely use them. You should try substituting real food, you might be more satisfied and save a little $$$$

Yes that does, seem like alot..my doc said to make sure I do not drink my calories and that includes soup..protein first!! I do start my morning however with a Protein Shake, but that is because in the morning I am busy and I am tighter..he says this is fine as long as I physically chew the rest..However yesterday, ate a tone, but it was slider foods such as soup!!! So just start being aware, keep track and watch the stuff that can easily slide in...protein!!