Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I just found this site a few days ago. I have read so much great information. I am just now getting paperwork done to get the Lap Band surgery.I have been disabled for seven years and I feel as if I am finally going to be free of meds and the need of oxygen.

I am in Colorado and Dr. Johnell will be doing my surgery. If anyone is familiar with him, please give me some insights. Also, anyone willing to assist me these next six months will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your forum. I have learn so much already!

Sincerely,

Kellijo

Welcome Kellijo......Wishing you the best of luck with everything and that the end results being absolutely everything you wish for. Keep us posted.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Hi Kellijo,

Welcome to LBT.

Welcome to LapBandTalk, Kelli Jo :welcomeB:

I hope you'll find this site invaluable for information and unconditional loving support. It has become like my second family. Let us know how we can help.

:ban:

The band improved my health immensely from day one. I stopped taking insulin (diabetic) the day of my surgery and was able to reduce the pill dosage in half. I was also able to stop taking medication for acid reflux.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I wish you the best of luck. :gluck:

We love you! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::hug:

Hi Kelli!!

I am also in Colorado and just scheduled my surgery for May 2 with Dr Kirshenbaum! Where in CO are you? I am just north of Denver.

Good luck to you! It's nice to see someone else from my neck of the woods on here! :clap2:

Hi! I live in LaPorte, CO which in just northwest of Fort Collins. I was banded April 4, 2006 by Dr. Johnell. I liked him, my husband was a little disapointed with him as Dr. Johnell forgot to up date my him as I came out of sugery. Otherwise, it has gone well. My next appointment will be on Monday for my post op.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

Nicki

Welcome to LBT! I think you will like it here. I am from NM but my Dr. is on Pueblo, CO. I travel there a lot.

You will find lots on information here. have fun looking around! :scared:

I have my first meeting with Dr. Johnell on May 19th. I had planned to have it in Cheyenne and was working with a dietician. I was in such great spirits but, after three weeks, I was informed that since they where not a Center Of Excellances that I could either wait 12-14 more months or talk with Dr. Johnell. Needless to say, I felt so aweful. I had thought I was finally on the road to having the Lap Band process done.

I have been on Dr. Johnells website and I have to admit that I was very impressed. Especially with this forum. I have read so many sucess stories from alot of you and it made me realize that I need never give up.

I actually live on the Wyo/Colo boarder. I have 3 kids, 18, 15 and my 12 year old daughter. I also have a step son and step daughter that live in Lakewood CO. I have a very supportive mate that loves me no matter what. He just wants me to be happy.

Again, I appreciate everyone that has welcomed me. I feel that I can ask just about anything about before, during and after this surgery and that I'll be able to gain alot of advice. If anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free. I am always up to making and chatting with new friends.

Sincerely, Kellijo

HI Kellijo

I had my surgery with Dr. Johnell.

If u would like some info- e-mail me anytime.

Joe

:party:

Hello Everyone,

I just found this site a few days ago. I have read so much great information. I am just now getting paperwork done to get the Lap Band surgery.I have been disabled for seven years and I feel as if I am finally going to be free of meds and the need of oxygen.

I am in Colorado and Dr. Johnell will be doing my surgery. If anyone is familiar with him, please give me some insights. Also, anyone willing to assist me these next six months will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your forum. I have learn so much already!

Sincerely,

Kellijo

Hi Kelli Jo,

I read your post today and I was so happy for you. In such a short time, you have lost so much weight!!! I am hoping to have my surgery in mid-May and I only wish I would have done it sooner.

How are you doing otherwise? Any problems?

Robin in Arizona

Kellijo

Hi! How did you meeting go with Dr. Johnell? Have you had surgery yet?

Nicki

LaPorte

4-4-06

302.6/271

Dr. Johnell