Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carb Cycling- An Experiment Gone Right!

Well Missy plateaus can be discouragng...dont let it get you down...

You can do it...you got this far !!!

Anyone carb cycling this week?

Nope, unless I stall... I am however watching my carb intake daily. I so far noticed I am pretty good with keeping it at 40 and below grams a per day. Seems to be working for me so far. I have increased my exercise level too. I know once I lose more weight I will need to adjust it again, but for now its working and I am completely satisfied.

As they say, the show must go on...............LOL

I think I'm about to start again for a couple weeks. I am at another plateau and the scale just isn't budging despite counting calories religiously.

Thats because you a skinny chickee now ((hugs))

Carb cycled since sunday and i'm down 3 lbs

Thanks again Missy for posting this topic!!! I owe you big time lol ;)

It feels SO good to break a plateau!!

Carb cycled since sunday and i'm down 3 lbs

Thanks again Missy for posting this topic!!! I owe you big time lol ;)

It feels SO good to break a plateau!!

Doesnt' it? so glad we have another 'tool' just incase.... I am always on standby, LOLOLOL Great news Hanna :)

I just started carb cycling again today. Still can't break the plateau so... here I go again! Low carb day today! lol

((hugs))

Missy - I sure do. I'm going Atkins style so I can hopefully avoid getting a fill and having issues with food going down. Protein fills me up and I ate quite well today and just barely broke 800 calories!

Missy - I sure do. I'm going Atkins style so I can hopefully avoid getting a fill and having issues with food going down. Protein fills me up and I ate quite well today and just barely broke 800 calories!

It's just mind boggling because when I'm not restricting carbs (and I usually don't) I can eat 1200 calories in a day with no problems. When I'm doing low carb (Atkins style essentially) it's a major struggle to get the calories in.

Btw, congrats on your new band :) Honestly though, don't be afraid of fills. Some are lucky and don't need them, others do, however fills don't necessarily mean you're going to be habitually stuck or unable to eat certain foods. I can still eat whatever I want, the difference is, I'm satisfied on very little food for long periods of time. It's very rare I get stuck.

Missy - it is baffling! I even try adding full fat Laughing Cow cheese or real butter and I'm still under. And I suppose its not that I'm afraid of fills but the fact that I just don't want to get one before I find it necessary. If I'm still eating smaller portions and the weight is coming off I would rather reserve the fills for later if things change. I know I'm just 21 days out but I'm still struggling getting in 1/2 cup of food 3 times a day. I'm going to ride that wave as long as I can. I figure if my resolve waivers later I'll get the fill to hit the spot to help me maintain. I guess I'm just goofy in that I want to do as much myself as possible and not rely too much on the band until I absolutely need it.

Can those of you who are having success with this post some sample menus of what your days look like? Or list the low-carb foods you eat? Thanks!

Can those of you who are having success with this post some sample menus of what your days look like? Or list the low-carb foods you eat? Thanks!

I won't lie, I struggle with low carb days. In fact I can't stand them lol.

On low carb days I eat a lot of salad with meat and cheese in it, cream cheese mixed with diced chives rolled in deli meat (kinda like ham rolls), chili. Last night I made polish sausage with sauerkraut.

I'm a very picky eater and generally dislike most meat so I struggle with it a lot. But pretty much any kind of meat works- chicken breasts, pork chops, a steak, or even fish, etc. Just be sure to keep it in proper band portions.

Good luck :)

I like the idea of a cream cheese roll-up. I am gonna search for some recipes like that. Since I've been tracking on My Fitness Pal consistently lately, my carbs average about 170 per day. Thursday I was at 70. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many I should have in a day. UGH! Trying to figure out how to eat right is hard, especially when you are a picky eater like me!

I like the idea of a cream cheese roll-up. I am gonna search for some recipes like that. Since I've been tracking on My Fitness Pal consistently lately, my carbs average about 170 per day. Thursday I was at 70. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many I should have in a day. UGH! Trying to figure out how to eat right is hard, especially when you are a picky eater like me!

Carbs aren't the enemy (contrary to popular trend these days) but the trick is figuring out what works best with your particular metabolism. I'm lucky in the fact I lose great eating carbs, I'm just careful to get in at least 60g of Protein daily along with them.

This may help you. It's a Carb, protein, fat, and calorie calculator. You put in how may calories you're eating a day and it then gives you options for the type of diet you follow ranging from moderate to very low carb. It then gives you nutrient ranges based on your needs. I use the very low carb range for my low carb days and the moderate range for my high carb/non carb cycling days. (though my carbs do sometimes go above on high carb days)

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm