Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Newest Nut Voyage To Success...

So I went in to see my NUT today. I only lost 6 pounds last month, so I asked for more advice. She said I am eating too little (get that!) and I may be eating too much (not alot, but just over) judging by my journaling. I'm on the South Beach-ish Diet. I notice many of you eat a Cup of food at a meal. I asked her if I should be doing that. She said, not really and that my Protein could fit into a cup alone and my diet technically calls for two cups of veggies (I eat only one cup). So where can I hunker down to lose MORE weight?

Well, she explains and hands me a stack of papers outlining how to eat the way she wants me to. I'm to eat 3 proper meals and two small Snacks to keep my metabolism going. I admit I don't always eat all three meals or both Snacks which can sometimes put me in starvation mode where I won't lose weight. I haven't read through these papers yet (too worried about the election).

Then she said she wants me to start counting my calories, eat 1500 to 1600 a day. She aims for 1-2 lbs a week loss, I want more. Then she asked if I had ever heard of myfitnesspal, well, uh, YES! So I'm going to give that a try.

She wants to wait until I see my PA next month to see about another fill, as I'm hungry past the point of what I'm supposed to eat. I have .05cc's in a 10cc band. I think a little tweek is in order, don't you?

I'm walking every day, not very far yet, but that will come (Thank you Missy)....success MUST be around the corner,

RIGHT? :blink::)

I'm a proud Northerner, but I'm gonna let it slide to say, "Love Ya'll!"...I do.

That sounds a little crazy to me like she is giving you a diet for someone not banded. Please dont eat all that food without getting the ok from your doctor. I am going to nutrionist tomorrow and now I am even more curious about what she is going to say then i was before. I eat 3 half cup meals and sometime eat a snack. Please be careful and let us know what happens.

I told her of the same worry, but she just said to eat what fits on a small plate. My band is only .05 cc's filled, I can eat medium sized meals, but often do not. I was banded 5 yrs ago and unfilled 4 years ago. During that time, I ate everything, even bad foods in large amounts. I wonder if my pouch is stretched, but don't really know the facts of what a stretched pouch is. I just can't eat a cup of food and be satiated. That's when she said to count calories and eat on a small plate. We're open about a fill next month, after she see's how I'm going to do this month.

It's taking a long time to straighten things out.

I am not a trained nutrition expert or a dr. But I too was started on 1500/1600 calories and truth be told it was too many for my sedentary lifestyle when I was 2 months out. I was losing too slowly and I know myself well enough to know that wasn't a good formula for me. I had a chat with my dr and he agreed to let me do 1000 calories and see how that went. Well it worked like a charm and here I am down 215 lbs 23 months later.

You may want to have the same conversation with your dr.

Thanks FLORIDAYS,

Is 1000 a day very hard to do?

Update:

I am using http://www.myfitnesspal.com and finding it to be amazing, a little time consuming (I'm still learning it) and eye opening! It's kind of fun. Except when I find that what I already ate had to be weighed, not counted (like shrimp or baby carrots). I just have to learn AS I prepare or eat my food.

Did you know that SF popsicles have carbs?! Not many, but WOW. I have a feeling I'm gonna have more WOW moments.

Bandster living is always an evolving experience. Whew! :rolleyes: