Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man Vs Food

Hey guys.. I'm 6 days post op now, and all I've been doing for the last 6 days is watching Man vs food, Fast Food Mania and Epic Mealtime videos on YouTube while drinking my liquids lol.. Somethings wrong with me yeh?

I did that...watched all the darn cooking shows when I couldn't eat anything... But then I found during the first few months I was cooking up a storm when I wanted to eat.... But I never even tasted stuff I shouldnt have had. My husband finally asked me to quit cooking all the time. I told him it was therapy. Lol. If I wanted a cookie I would make a batch... lok at them.... Smell them and then not eat them. How warped is that?

I still think I am cooking for thrashers who will soon come in from the fields. My husband says we have more leftovers then anyone else in the neighborhood.

So I now have this little ?? Happy Hour group that meets every Thursday at 4:00 and I make whatever I am wanting but could never eat in a year and bring that. I mean a lasagna, a whole cake, everyone teases me but they sure line up to eat it, works for me I get my taste and am satisfied and my husband doesn't have to eat it 3 times a day for a week and I come home with an empty dish.

Told my daughter in law about this and she now has a thing like this going at her work. No wine however for them...

Lol I love the cooking shows and I also started cooking like mad about a month after surgery but never ate any of it my husband and three kids told me enough mum!!

My favorite cook to watch is Nigella, she is so seductive with her foods.

That's funny! I was in the hospital after the surgery and watched the food network the rest of the whole time I was in there!

Hey guys.. I'm 6 days post op now' date=' and all I've been doing for the last 6 days is watching Man vs food, Fast food Mania and Epic Mealtime videos on YouTube while drinking my liquids lol.. Somethings wrong with me yeh?[/quote']

That's just to funny...but I find myself watching that...till I snap out of it....lol

love man vs food........they did a hot dog eating contest in the NC show, with a gal i work with hubs store. NO kidding.

i love food network. watch it all the time.

I use to be addicted to the food shows. After surgery I wouldn't allow myself to watch it for at least a month, now I am watching again. It's amazing how I look at some of the recipes now verse how I would have before surgery.

I am finally learning not to cook so much. I get sick of left overs at times.

I thought you were thinking about having a man rather than food.Lol

My bad..beware of the kitty..Ill steal your booty

Haha too funny.. I think I need to see a psych about it :) This can't be good.. I got hungry watching that bizarre food show.. He was eating snakes for goodness sake.. I got issues

Yeah sorry, I'm out o the kitchen and not on the food network either. I have never liked sweets but cupcake wars and cake boss has me wanting frosting out of the can!

That leaves me with having real man vs food...after all that's all I got left.....heehee!

I did the same thing after surgery....I watched food NETWORK around the clock when I was awake...it all made my mouth Water which in turn made me want to throw up??? which I didnt but so weird. I also cooked like crazy a week after and we still are eating leftovers???? LOL

Cant wait for my first fill...am needing one already ..the end of the month cant come soon enuf for me :)