Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks post OP

Feels like I do not have a band fitted and my appetite is raging... I read that I can eat any foods now abeit in small amounts! :hungry:

I could eat a horse !

I can gulp down pints of Water !

Is this normal ? :help:

I'm heading into my 6th week post-op and have virtually no appetite, but from what I've discussed with others this isthe exception and not the rule. It seems most people regain their appetites within the first 2 - 3 weeks, so much so that they have a hard time maintaing whatever weight they lost pre- and post-op. So yes, sounds normal from what I've been told.

I feel the same way!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I can eat everything and anything, can gulp Water, don't know what it feels like to be full and I'm hungry!

I'm supposed to still be on full liquids, but I've gone to mushy to try to keep from over eating! I ate a chocolate bunny the other day.

I'm disappointed and frusturated!

HELP!

ellette

banded 3/23

call your doc and ask if you can eat for peter's sake...

my doc moved me on to normal foods after two weeks. i was able to drink all i wanted, and i would stop eating after twenty minutes of mushies, but i never got full, and still have not backed up. today, for lunch, i ate a grilled hamburger patty...probably 4 oz cooked, and a spoon full of turnip greens. The i ate some sugar free pudding, and still could have eaten more. I have absolutely NO NO NO restriction. Sounds like you may be in the same boat with me. I am 3 weeks post op now.

my doc let me eat at two weeks, he just reminded me to CHEW chew CHEW and STOP when I start to feel fullness/tightness/backing up/etc...but i really have not had any of that(except for once when I ate too fast, dern that first bite).

good luck!! (gosh, gotta love wheetsin, but man, i would love to hate her...50 lbs in a month? who does that!!!! {winks at wheetsin!! Congrats sister!})

Hate the game, not the playa! :)

No worries, that's definitely not 50 lbs of fat! I wish!

Stay away from sugar. Sugar tends to make me want things faster than Protein. Even one bite and I am "off" for the day. Just a thought...

forest and ellette, don't panic yet! Someone described an unfilled band as being like a Bracelet around your stomach. Well chewed foods just pass on through. It's normal and not unhealthy to feel no restriction before you start getting fills.

Take a close look at Wheetsin's eating mindset...it's a good one, and Poodles is right about the sugar. Carbs do the same thing (doh) so keep a high protien diet going.

And pints of Water is a GOOD thing! Hang in there ya'll. Now's the time to heal. Do your best but expect better weight loss AFTER healing when you can get filled. Good luck!