Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained 40 Pounds And Now Going Back For Fill After Unfill Earlier This Year.

I am 5 ft 9 and was down to almost my goal weight of 155. I was down to 165 lbs. I started to have issues of severe reflux. Not sure if it was due to stress or what but I couldn't eat and it was causing severe issues, so I had a unfill. I am now up 40 pounds since January. I feel all over digisted with myself for gaining the weight back. I go for a fill tomorrow. Will it be like it used to be or am i always going to have to watch if i get reflux? is there anything i can do to prevent the reflux?

kileydisgusted that I let it go back up and I am feeling uneasy that with another

Ask the Dr for a prescription for the reflux I took aciphex worked for me Good Luck.

Did you have to stay on the meds short or long term?

Kiley

No I had tomtake them until things healed, I was so raw I was throwing up blood. The pills are very expensive and my insurance wouldn't cover them so I got the generic from Canada online. My family Dr said just take prevacet but it didn't work as well for me. Good Luck. hope you feel better soon and get back on the weight loss journey again you really did so well in the begining. You now know how miserable it is to gain weight back so you won't do that again..Lifre is long so don't beat yourself up pick ypurself up instead.

Ok thank you for the tip. Yes I tried Prevacid as well but it did nothing and so had to do the unfill.

Kiley

Kileyh, i can relate, was rebanded in January, and not working yet :-(. Weight is going up up up, not good. I'm gisgusted as well. Hang in there, one day at a time

Just curious. When they do unfill and you kept with the program, do you still gain weight???

I had issues with reflux and found, in my case, it was directly related to the types of foods I was eating.....I liked hot/ spicey foods and that had to be toned down considerably.....

Then other day I had a Bloody Mary that was very poorly made and I could not tolerate it at all..........otherwise I can drink them all day......

My Dr also suggested over the counter meds, the 24 hr type, but I found I could control it by my choice of foods.....

Just curious. When they do unfill and you kept with the program, do you still gain weight???

I had a complete unfill last December (2012) due to band inflammation from high doses of aspirin. I gained two pounds during the two months of unfill. So...MY experience was no, you don't necessarily gain with a complete unfill. It's really easy to eat more than you should be eating, but it doesn't mean you can eat the way you did pre-banding. It's always the same equation-burn off more than you eat and continue to lose.

I've noticed that you've asked this before. Are you facing an unfill and concerned about it?

I had 4 cc's taken out in November due to surgery. I was at my sweet spot before the unfill. Very comfortable in eating, not losing anything but I was good. I got a fill of 2 ccs in January. My Dr. wants to take it slow in giving me fills. I had an appt. for another fill in Feb., but because of a schedule change it was cancelled. I have an appt. tomorrow. Due to my unfill I gained 30 lbs. When I had my fill in Jan. I had lost about 10 lbs. But have noticed I have gained most back. I am not back to my swee spot. I hope tomorrow my fill really helps. I am 2 years out and thought I would have better control over my eating, but I guess not. I found it was so easy to go back to my old way eating. No matter how hard I tried not to. So for me the lapband really helps and works for me to control my eating.

I had a complete unfill last December (2012) due to band inflammation from high doses of aspirin. I gained two pounds during the two months of unfill. So...MY experience was no, you don't necessarily gain with a complete unfill. It's really easy to eat more than you should be eating, but it doesn't mean you can eat the way you did pre-banding. It's always the same equation-burn off more than you eat and continue to lose.

I've noticed that you've asked this before. Are you facing an unfill and concerned about it?

Nah...I was just curious :)

I had 4 cc's taken out in November due to surgery. I was at my sweet spot before the unfill. Very comfortable in eating, not losing anything but I was good. I got a fill of 2 ccs in January. My Dr. wants to take it slow in giving me fills. I had an appt. for another fill in Feb., but because of a schedule change it was cancelled. I have an appt. tomorrow. Due to my unfill I gained 30 lbs. When I had my fill in Jan. I had lost about 10 lbs. But have noticed I have gained most back. I am not back to my swee spot. I hope tomorrow my fill really helps. I am 2 years out and thought I would have better control over my eating, but I guess not. I found it was so easy to go back to my old way eating. No matter how hard I tried not to. So for me the lapband really helps and works for me to control my eating.

I have given up finding the elusive "sweet spot". It changed too much from day to day, month to month and now for the last six months ( I was banded 7/10) I just do what I'm supposed to do, okay, for the most part, I do. Most importantly, I started recording everything that I eat on an app called My Fitness Pal. My motto is "if I eat it, I own it" and I finally got serious about getting my body moving. I work out at

least 3-4 times every week at the gym.

It's always easier to go back to the old way of eating but writing it down has made me be a lot more serious about my choices.